Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2008, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,877 times

Advertisements

Hello!
I am relocating to Ft Lewis and would like info on the area. Specifically, I am single, in my early thirties and want to buy a two bedroom condo or something like it, near Ft Lewis. I like to go home and change after PT in the morning. I would like to be in an area where I can meet people. Is this possible? Where is shopping and such in the area?
Thanks so much for any and all help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 10:28 PM

107 posts, read 402,674 times
The area is kind of separated by Ft Lewis. To the south, you have Lacey, Yelm and Roy with Olympia even farther out. To the North and Northwest, you have Puyallup, Tacoma and Lakewood/Steilacoom/University Place.

What is your threshold for drive time? 30 minutes? 60 minutes?

Keep in mind that within 30-45 minutes of Ft. Lewis there aren't a whole lot of condos for sale. We're far enough south of Seattle that it's going to be mostly "buy a house" or "rent."

Old 02-16-2008, 12:04 AM

16 posts, read 102,577 times
Default try dupont

We just moved to the area from Fort Meade in November. Hope you like rain! There is a planned community called Dupont that is just across I-5 from the gate to post--about 5 minutes' drive. We did see some multifamily buildings there that I assume were condos. We ended up in Olympia (25-30 minute commute--definitely not what you want if you want to come home after PT). Dupont is a little pricey but nice--you might look there. Lots of military there. Good luck!

Old 02-16-2008, 09:26 AM

392 posts, read 1,557,071 times
There are over 400 condos currently listed for sale in Tacoma, a 15 min drive from Ft Lewis. Many are right in the heart of the newly renovated downtown district where you'll have unending oportunities to meet people. I'm not sure about the rental market on those condos, but 2bds can be priced anywhere from $220k-$500k. I'd be happy to provide you with a list of those condos if you'd like.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:39 AM

1,024 posts, read 4,139,105 times
snh,

I would recommend checking out Dupont. There are several 2 BR condos in the low 200K range. Dupont is about 5 minutes from Ft. Lewis and is a very well kept community with jogging trails, parks and a small town center whith restaurants, coffee shops, and small businesses. For more varied night life, the drive to Tacoma is about 20 minutes.

Sandy

Old 09-19-2008, 11:25 PM

16 posts, read 60,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Nelson View Post
snh,

I would recommend checking out Dupont. There are several 2 BR condos in the low 200K range. Dupont is about 5 minutes from Ft. Lewis and is a very well kept community with jogging trails, parks and a small town center whith restaurants, coffee shops, and small businesses. For more varied night life, the drive to Tacoma is about 20 minutes.

Sandy
Yes Dupont is very nice! Look into the Northwest Landing area.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 4,215 times
I went up to Ft. Lewis this summer to get some information on it and check out the area. We will see if we get Ft. Lewis pretty soon here. If you can go to Waller Hall and check out the Community Services building, ask and they have a desk where there are welcome packets. Inside are MANY resources for buying condos thru houses, an apartment guide, a Seattle guide, all the names/numbers you will need for post life, etc etc. it has A LOT of info in it! Also, someone asked about waiting lists for on post housing, if you google ft lewis housing it will take you go the site where you can view floorplans, pictures, and find out the wait times/put your name on a wait list.

Good luck to everyone else and I hope we get stationed here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington