Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 01:00 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,237,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
It feels like summer left the northeast US a week ago.
Isn't it great? Very limited amount of sunshine the past several days, overcast, foggy, and damp. The only thing I don't like is the humidity since the temperature are still relatively mild (70s).

Although earlier last week was beautiful when it was dry and cool (60s to around 70) for a few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 01:16 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,551,628 times
Meh. It was a good relief at first, but I'm a bit tired of gray skies and would like it to be a little bit warmer. Today was the first day in the last week that's gone above 73 or so. It doesn't feel humid or at least sticky since the dewpoints are in the mid 50s to low 60s feel dry to what we had before (mid 60s to low 70s). I hope those don't come back.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:27 PM

Yeah the dew point here right now is 64 F, which isn't too bad. Not as muggy as it has been.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:41 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,394,633 times
The AZ summers are rough. You stay inside, befriend someone with a pool, and try to get out of town as much as possible. This June has been relatively mild with this past Saturday being beautiful with even a few sprinkles in my neck of the woods. Right now, the mornings are staying nice and cool, but the day quickly heats up. I water my gardens twice a day. I'm scared to see what my electric bill will be this month.

Dry heat or not, pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees and put your face down by the oven door as you open it. That is what it feels like when it is that hot. There are some days when it physically hurts. But when the monsoons come, there are a handful of times when I will open up my windows and enjoy the monsoon winds even though the temps are still somewhat high.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:32 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,035,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
I was watching Youtube last night and came across this forecast for Lake Havasu City from about 2 years ago. Nope, can't complain about it being hot anymore!

YouTube - TWC - Local Forecast, HOT Excessive Heat Watch

Feel free to post other extreme forecasts if you'd like!

By the way, that 92 degree reading was at 2:30 AM!!!!

you are more than likely to get the people that say, "its a dry heat,its not that bad" or " its only 180 degrees with no humidity,its bearable". Humidity or not, hot is hot, wether its 95 or 105.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:01 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,682,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I've never experienced temperatures that hot so I can't say how I'd respond to being in that sort of environment. Although I'd imagine that it almost feels like being in an oven. As much as I hate heat and humidity, I think I'd rather deal with 90 F and humid than 120 F!

It was interesting to read and listen to the local forecast. I've never heard that voice guy say "High 120". Or "High 100" for that matter!
Where in the world do you live??? Even though I live in the South, our temperatures locally rarely hit the century mark. Last summer, the hottest temperature was 96 degrees. Back in '07 when we were in the midst of that big drought, we had six 100-plus degree days and tied our all-time high temperature, 104 degrees, two days in a row. That last day, the Weather Channel man called for 106 degrees. It looked funny on our screen--I was like, "Man, that never happens here--we'll probably never see that again!"

From the way things have gone so far, we may have another summer like that. We've hit 90 nine days straight, so we're deep in a heat wave. The next 7 days call for no temperatures below 90.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:10 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,682,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjan1225 View Post
The AZ summers are rough. You stay inside, befriend someone with a pool, and try to get out of town as much as possible. This June has been relatively mild with this past Saturday being beautiful with even a few sprinkles in my neck of the woods. Right now, the mornings are staying nice and cool, but the day quickly heats up. I water my gardens twice a day. I'm scared to see what my electric bill will be this month.

Dry heat or not, pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees and put your face down by the oven door as you open it. That is what it feels like when it is that hot. There are some days when it physically hurts. But when the monsoons come, there are a handful of times when I will open up my windows and enjoy the monsoon winds even though the temps are still somewhat high.
Let me ask you, what's the threshold temperature for y'all in which it's no longer comfortable and just flat out hot? Someone in another forum said it was about 105 degrees. Is that accurate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
you are more than likely to get the people that say, "its a dry heat,its not that bad" or " its only 180 degrees with no humidity,its bearable". Humidity or not, hot is hot, wether its 95 or 105.
I love our spring days here, particularly in April when the temperatures start to creep into the 80s but the humidity hasn't sunk in yet (that usually occurs in May). The days we reach the 90s, it does start to feel like we're being oven-baked, but it's still tolerable. You are right, though....hot is hot, whether the dew point is 10 or 70 (like it was half of last week here).

Old 06-20-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
Where in the world do you live??? Even though I live in the South, our temperatures locally rarely hit the century mark. Last summer, the hottest temperature was 96 degrees. Back in '07 when we were in the midst of that big drought, we had six 100-plus degree days and tied our all-time high temperature, 104 degrees, two days in a row. That last day, the Weather Channel man called for 106 degrees. It looked funny on our screen--I was like, "Man, that never happens here--we'll probably never see that again!"

From the way things have gone so far, we may have another summer like that. We've hit 90 nine days straight, so we're deep in a heat wave. The next 7 days call for no temperatures below 90.
Northwestern New Jersey. Record high here is 102 F. We've reached 100 F+ a dozen times (at least since records have been kept). Last time was in 2002. I may be wrong, but I don't think a weather station was established here until the late 1940s or early 1950s. Whatever the story, the max temperature we see most summers is around 95 F or so.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:05 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,348,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I've never experienced temperatures that hot so I can't say how I'd respond to being in that sort of environment. Although I'd imagine that it almost feels like being in an oven. As much as I hate heat and humidity, I think I'd rather deal with 90 F and humid than 120 F!

It was interesting to read and listen to the local forecast. I've never heard that voice guy say "High 120". Or "High 100" for that matter!
Lol I know right, I've heard it only a couple of times. It sounds awkward though, he says it fast lol.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:19 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,721,724 times
That weather forecast looks like paradise to me... 120F .. bring on the heat!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather