Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 02:32 PM

2,227 posts, read 1,401,332 times

Advertisements

Also, the eastern Mediterranean will become a Bsh climate and cease to support crop growth. There will be widespread famine across the Balkan’s, Anatolia, Israel, Lebanon, and Egypt. These states will slowly become more destabilized due to their sensitive microclimates severely affecting the agricultural products needed for their survival. Bread and rice will become scarce. This already happened once in the Bronze Age. It will happen again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2020, 04:47 AM

927 posts, read 585,638 times
In the 90s there were UN meetings about using powerful SBX radars to 'lift' the atmosphere to create or stop storms but then the technology was only beta stages../https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OV5L9LY/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1 before Google scrubbed things you could find all SORTS of documents and proof not just 'quack' stuff. Now all you get is the 'quack' stuff which is what the ministry of truth AKA: Google wants.

They also stopped talking about it and now push 'social' narratives instead with ZERO room for debate or talk to the point of jail time. Perhaps they know then they are letting on...............................many nations want the ice melted to open the shipping lanes and using energy weapons to slowly erode it wouldn't exactly be out of the picture if it's a long term gain. If many nations have their own weapons then it would quickly overwhelm things then just one nation,one weapon.

A group of firefighters from California called out on DEWS being used as they noticed a lot of anomalies that don't add up naturally and did their own research these are top firefighters that are not 'new' to the field and know what they see..........they have access to sources we can never get especially not now.

Old 11-13-2020, 03:59 AM

346 posts, read 198,784 times
Well I have to say global warming is real and unstable polar vortexes, just like one we have in the North Hemisphere, is a product of it. A lot of people think that just because we been getting record breaking lows in North America, that global warming is a farce...it's not. I made a thread in this forum called "Arctic Oscillation" by this amazing climatologist named Jim Massa who is chillin' in Alaska, and really breaks down that polar vortex issue we got in North America. The subtropical zones in North America and especially in the US, fall serious victim to the polar vortex, hence why we get these crazy ass arctic blasts that kill a lot of the subtropical vegetation, native or otherwise, every few years or every decade or so.

Old 11-17-2020, 11:22 AM

241 posts, read 136,844 times
Yes, that's true. Global warming is also making the climate more unstable, causing more extreme heat waves and cold snaps; the averages may increase slightly, but the absolute cold extremes are not becoming milder.

I had this weird dream 2 days ago that Denver saw 37ºC on December 1 and then -47ºC on December 3, with 10cm of snow in between... oof.

Old 11-20-2020, 03:22 AM

346 posts, read 198,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by error-404 View Post
I had this weird dream 2 days ago that Denver saw 37ºC on December 1 and then -47ºC on December 3, with 10cm of snow in between... oof.
Hey, it can happen. Such temperature extremes within a couple of days (or even a day or several hours) has occurred few times in this planet's meteorological history.

Old 04-08-2021, 04:28 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,211,978 times
I won’t believe in this climate change tonterias until the southern and eastern United States become tropical climates and the plains and Midwest became the new American Sahara desert.

Old 10-26-2022, 04:01 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,869,718 times
Looked at the "future" Koppen zones... I don't know what the methodology was there. I'm not saying I don't believe climate change is happening. I am just not sure it will crank up the heat everywhere. And who knows what effect it will have on rainfall, ocean and wind currents, etc. It seems like there are just too many moving pieces to see where this is going.

Old 10-27-2022, 03:17 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMarbles View Post
Seriously, I think it all depends on how drastic the climate change is. For example, during the Little Ice Age it was not unheard of for the NY harbor to freeze over, allowing people to walk from Manhattan to Staten Island. This is unthinkable today. Today, I think even Halifax harbor never freezes (if any Canadians know, please correct me).

Today wine grapes are grown in England, something that was almost not done just a few centuries ago due to a different climate. So I think anything is possible.
Actually that's not true, the Romans were the first to introduce grapes to England and that was 2000 years ago! The Doomsday book (beginning of 11th century) recorded 42 vineyards in Southern England alone.

https://hambledonvineyard.co.uk/page...rkling%20wines.

There are now around 500 vineyards in England & Wales, which is quite a lot when you consider how small England and Wales are. The 'chalky' soil of the Downs (and its high sunshine amounts (relative to the rest of North Europe anyway)) in SE England produce a grape that makes a particularly fine sparkling wine, its the same 'chalky' soil that makes the cliffs of Dover white. Beware though if you ever buy wine from these isles make sure the label says 'English' wine and not 'British' wine, British wine can be made from a conglomerate of grapes grown from 'elsewhere' and is often cheap and of poor quality whereas English wine has to actually be 'English' wine made from grapes grown in English vineyards.

Last edited by easthome; 10-27-2022 at 03:34 PM..

Old 10-27-2022, 06:48 PM

5,891 posts, read 6,088,552 times
You'll have vineyards even on the outskirts of Montreal, so the cold isn't the problem so much as the summer temperatures I suspect.

Old 10-27-2022, 10:05 PM

5,891 posts, read 6,088,552 times
If you go by the more extreme projections for 2100, then yeah, there could be significant changes. Ex under RCP 8.5, Leamington, ON is projected to have a similar climate in 2050-2080 to Kansas City in 1990-2020. Not identical though, Leamington would still have an extra week of seasonal lag over present day KC, and a narrower diurnal range.

However, it seems like the projections are that the annual low temperature will increase more than the annual mean in most of North America. If the Arctic warms more than the tropics, that may result in a less stable polar vortex, but the Arctic air blasts, while reaching the southern US more frequently, may also be quite a bit milder since the source of the cold will be milder?

If so, this could result in a fairly significant decrease of continental influences to North America's climate, with tropical climates moving up from South Florida to much of the Gulf Coast. It's not clear how much hotter these places could get as the heat is already unbearable in the summer, but perhaps it will be more "Chennai-like" in June-August... The Southern US would experience a much more "evergreen subtropical" climate like Brisbane or Orlando. Meanwhile, deciduous/continental-influenced sub-tropical climates would expand from the Ohio Valley into the southern Great Lakes, and from the Mid-Atlantic into New England.

It seems like the consensus these days is that RCP 8.5 will probably be avoided, and things may be more like RCP 4.5. In that case, the climate of any given location may only end up like that of the current climates of locations 100 miles to the south. There definitely won't be palmettos on the shores of the Hudson's Bay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather