Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 08:11 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,237,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Coldest low-elevation day this summer for me was 59°F in early June on the California coast. Though I think I had a number of days in the low to mid 60s in the middle of July.
Much better than the heat and humidity we had at the end of May and in early June this year.

We've had highs around 59-60 F here in early June, though of course it's not common. Record low high for here in July is 57 F I believe. I'm sure it felt very nippy considering that's almost 30 F below average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 08:47 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,021,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I would say my favorite weather months in NYC usually are May, June, July, August, September, and October. My least favorite weather months in New York City are November, February, March, and April.
I assume this is also how I would feel about those same months in Toronto too for weather with the only exception of October.
Are those your favorite and least favorite months for weather too in Toronto?lol
Yep. Pretty much. I like it at least at or above the 60s, so May- September feels great to me, and the rest feels not so great!

I dislike the winter months you mention for dragging on too long as you say, as much as for just being cold in absolute terms. Waiting for it to feel like spring in March and April is rather annoying, and I get rather impatient of winter usually at least by February...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Living near NYC, I can pretty much go without wearing a jacket or sweatshirt May through September, except for a handful of days in May and September. Today was actually the first day I put on a coat (heavy rain and chilly 60 F weather) since May.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Interesting. It was around 63°F-64°F today and I'm north of NYC. We had a high of 66°F but it was brief. I saw weather map and it looked like it was gradually warmer in the afternoon as you went north, up to about 69°F by the Canadian border.
Quote:
High today was only 63 F here. Complete washout!
The high here today was 65F but it was a brief little peak at 6:00 pm. It was rather cloudy most of the day with some clearing at late afternoon/evening around this time.

The high yesterday (Labour day) was 63F according to the stats and it was all cloudy too. Actually, it seems yesterday, from the stats, the high wasn't even a "high"; it was just the after-midnight temperature and it was pretty much a cool-down from the previous night's temperature afterward (indeed I feel like it didn't even warm up that day).

A day where it's either warming at night or cooling during the day? That means a cold front and a sign that summer is over.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:53 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,237,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbler. View Post
Yep. Pretty much. I like it at least at or above the 60s, so May- September feels great to me, and the rest feels not so great!

I dislike the winter months you mention for dragging on too long as you say, as much as for just being cold in absolute terms. Waiting for it to feel like spring in March and April is rather annoying, and I get rather impatient of winter usually at least by February...lol.

The high here today was 65F but it was a brief little peak at 6:00 pm. It was rather cloudy most of the day with some clearing at late afternoon/evening around this time.

The high yesterday (Labour day) was 63F according to the stats and it was all cloudy too. Actually, it seems yesterday, from the stats, the high wasn't even a "high" it was just the after-midnight temperature and it was pretty much a cool-down from the previous night's temperature afterward (indeed I feel like it didn't even warm up that day).

A day where it's either warming at night or cooling during the day? That means a cold front and a sign that summer is over.
Looks like 70s will be returning to Toronto later this week. Highest in the forecast is 25 C so still some warm weather left to enjoy.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:56 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,021,793 times
Quote:
Looks like 70s will be returning to Toronto later this week. Highest in the forecast is 25 C so still some warm weather left to enjoy.
Yeah, that's good to see!

Old 09-06-2011, 10:28 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,721,724 times
Looks like we're having a late summer here.. September looks to be warm and dry virtually the whole month!

Old 09-06-2011, 10:43 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,551,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Looks like we're having a late summer here.. September looks to be warm and dry virtually the whole month!

Eek. What terrible timing. I wish July was like that.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:03 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,945,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
weird that in NY today (summer) the day was colder than in BA today (winter).
And we didnt have an extraordinary hot day or anything, just the average high for septemeber (68/70 f, sunny)

Very short lived. Our temps our bouncing right back up. We got hit with a strong low from the Gulf Coast pulling down cold air from the north.
Here is our five day:

Old 09-07-2011, 12:10 AM

2,678 posts, read 5,073,318 times
Quote:
Vancouver's forecast looks awesome -- lows in the mid-to-high teens, highs in the mid-to-high 20s and clear everyday. I'm totally jealous!

Far better than the miserable overcast and windy 12 C day we had today ("morning cloud clearing", said the forecast -- it never did clear!). Tomorrow is meant to get to 22 C and the next day is forecast to be a sunny 17 C, which isn't bad. But then it will be back to mid-winter weather for another week or two.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:46 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,721,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post
Vancouver's forecast looks awesome -- lows in the mid-to-high teens, highs in the mid-to-high 20s and clear everyday. I'm totally jealous!

Far better than the miserable overcast and windy 12 C day we had today ("morning cloud clearing", said the forecast -- it never did clear!). Tomorrow is meant to get to 22 C and the next day is forecast to be a sunny 17 C, which isn't bad. But then it will be back to mid-winter weather for another week or two.
Definitely I'm very happy about the forecast over the next while.. it's nice beach weather.. I was in Tofino on Vancouver Island this past weekend and even there which is normally several degrees cooler than Vancouver, it was fairly mild at the beach.

I'm sure once December and January roll around, I'll be wishing that I had Christchurch's winter weather... I'd love to have a 22C at the end of winter

Old 09-07-2011, 01:46 AM

2,678 posts, read 5,073,318 times
Quote:
Definitely I'm very happy about the forecast over the next while.. it's nice beach weather.. I was in Tofino on Vancouver Island this past weekend and even there which is normally several degrees cooler than Vancouver, it was fairly mild at the beach.

I'm sure once December and January roll around, I'll be wishing that I had Christchurch's winter weather... I'd love to have a 22C at the end of winter
It's down to 21 C now... what's the bet it'll turn out to be no more than 15 C? I didn't suffer through two snowstorms to get this sort of nonsense. Although we have had a good run as far as sunshine and rainfall is concerned (relative to averages).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather