Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: China vs the United States:
China 10 13.33%
the United States 65 86.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 02:50 PM

824 posts, read 688,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan16 View Post
Lhasa(actually looks like a great overall climate!) is way better than Boone to be honest, but overall the United States seems a little more reasonable. The whole Pacific coast is way more comfortable than anything China has to offer and the interior/mountain states are more comfortable than most of China. Some of the climates found in China that are listed as humid subtropical are nightmarish. I'll agree that some of the highland climates and most of Tibet looks pleasant all in all but it doesn't make up for the sometimes frightening Shanghai, Beijing, and other places.

Shanghai is basically the upper south with wet summers.

American Shanghai Equivalent: Richmond, Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shanghai: Shanghai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Beijing is the interior north with a shorter but rainier wet season.

American Beijing Equivalent: Rapid City, South Dakota - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Beijing: Beijing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I said I thought they were about even, and have some very similar areas. I just don't see China as frightening because I live in America's Cfa myself, and it looks pretty similar other than the dry winters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 03:37 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,919,730 times
I personally think China has far more interesting terrain than the US.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:42 PM

100 posts, read 138,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
I personally think China has far more interesting terrain than the US.
Haha, funny

Old 06-06-2015, 07:23 PM

963 posts, read 854,751 times
Sanya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
vs
Miami - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a tie

Old 06-07-2015, 02:55 PM

340 posts, read 297,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3797 View Post
I would like to see the sunshine hours for Sanya.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:18 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,405,066 times
USA for having better warm climates (csa)

I do not like Chinese climates. Either too cold, too cloudy or too humid. Also messed up summers with a monsoon season. USA west coast seems pretty good, just away from the immediate coast and below 40N to avoid the horrificly wet winters.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:46 PM

963 posts, read 854,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subscribe View Post
I would like to see the sunshine hours for Sanya.
me too

but Miami's sunshine hours are overstated.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:30 PM

824 posts, read 688,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sir View Post

San Francisco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
vs
Lhasa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

San Francisco wins for mild temps, and general nice weather. The winter could be wetter, but that is not a large issue.

Boone, North Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
vs

Lhasa wins for milder temps, as well as being sunny (the summer rains are short, and it's still sunny during summer, which is why I didn't mind the wet season). Although I do like Boone's more even rain spread much better, it's not enough to give it the win.

3. I like China's options a bit better, it has all the options of the U.S, except a few. They both have east coast climates, tropical climes (Hawaii and Hainan), desert areas (The Gobi and Mojave), etc. While I know America has two coasts, the wet winters ruin it a little (except in Cali, but some of it is too warm), and China has it's own special places in Tibet. Also China does have an equivalent to Alaska, the badly cold northeastern regions, which aren't as cold as Alaska, but pretty nasty in their own right. In the end though, China doesn't win by much. They both have a great variety of options and a good place for (almost) everyone!
I would like to update this based on my current prefrences:

1 and 2.
Nantucket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
vs

Nantucket is one of the world's best climates to me. The rainfall and temps are nearly perfect to me. Lhasa is good, but it has too much diurnal range and is dry outside the overly wet summers.

3. They both have many varied options, but I choose the U.S.. They both have east coast climates, tropical climes (Hawaii and Hainan), desert areas (The Gobi and Mojave), etc. While I know America has two coasts, the wet winters ruin it a little (except in Cali, but some of it is too warm), and China has it's own special places in Tibet. Also China does have an equivalent to Alaska, the badly cold northeastern regions, which aren't as cold as Alaska, but pretty nasty in their own right. In the end though, the U.S. doesn't win by much. They both have a great variety of options and a good place for (almost) everyone!

(Notice I changed my choice from China to the U.S.)

Old 06-10-2015, 12:14 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,749,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sir View Post
I would like to update this based on my current prefrences:

1 and 2.
Nantucket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
vs

Nantucket is one of the world's best climates to me. The rainfall and temps are nearly perfect to me. Lhasa is good, but it has too much diurnal range and is dry outside the overly wet summers.

3. They both have many varied options, but I choose the U.S.. They both have east coast climates, tropical climes (Hawaii and Hainan), desert areas (The Gobi and Mojave), etc. While I know America has two coasts, the wet winters ruin it a little (except in Cali, but some of it is too warm), and China has it's own special places in Tibet. Also China does have an equivalent to Alaska, the badly cold northeastern regions, which aren't as cold as Alaska, but pretty nasty in their own right. In the end though, the U.S. doesn't win by much. They both have a great variety of options and a good place for (almost) everyone!

(Notice I changed my choice from China to the U.S.)
The US is slightly more diverse than China.
But the US does not have a place like Turpan, China. Turpan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-10-2015, 03:59 PM

340 posts, read 297,394 times
USA has Mediterranean climates. China doesn't have such a thing.

USA wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather