Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which region overall do you like more?
PNW 7 33.33%
Eastern Black Sea 12 57.14%
PNW overall, but Eastern Black Sea has a climate I like more 2 9.52%
Eastern Black Sea overall, but PNW has a climate I like more 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 10:05 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,925,642 times

Advertisements

Both the Pacific Northwest and the Eastern Black Sea are known for their mild temperatures and cloudy skies, the major difference is that the Black Sea has warmer winters and warmer summer nights, and the PNW has drier summers and cooler summer nights.

PNW
1. Vancouver, BC
2. Nanaimo, BC
3. Abbotsford, BC
4. Victoria, BC
5. Forks, WA
6. Seattle, WA
7. Portland, OR
8. Salem, OR

Eastern Black Sea
1. Anapa, RUS
2. Tuapse, RUS
3. Sochi, RUS
4. Sukhumi, GEO
5. Batumi, GEO
6. Trabzon, TUR
7. Giresun, TUR
8. Samsun, TUR

So which region do you like better over all? Which city is your favourite? How would you rate them? Is there a city not listed that you prefer more? I only listed cities that had Sunshine data and then added one other city without sunshine data since Oregon and Georgia was lacking in cities with sunshine data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 02:09 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,950,547 times
So hard to choose. PNW has colder winters, but eastern black sea coast has cloudier winters. But then even PNW is cloudy in the winter. I have to pass on this one.

Should've done one city in PNW vs one in EBS. That would've been easier to comprehend.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:59 AM

1,363 posts, read 791,180 times
Eastern Black sea. They actually get decent summers and more than likely more storms. Winters are neither here nor there at either location.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
So hard to choose. PNW has colder winters, but eastern black sea coast has cloudier winters. But then even PNW is cloudy in the winter. I have to pass on this one.

Should've done one city in PNW vs one in EBS. That would've been easier to comprehend.
Well I chose multiple ones because both regions have variations, but to make things simpler what about Portland vs Tuapse, they both have similar temperature range and similar sunshine hours. Or Seattle vs Sukhumi since they both have a similar temperature range. Actually Tacoma, WA is a better match to Sukhumi.

Last edited by grega94; 02-24-2017 at 09:35 AM..

Old 02-24-2017, 10:00 AM

2,197 posts, read 1,494,017 times
They're both s*** with loads of cold rain and minimal snow, sun, or warmth in winter and summers are either mild and thunder-less in the PNW or rainy, humid crap in the eastern Black Sea. Of the ones listed, Anapa was the only decent one and even that is only a C or C+ from me.

However, the OP did not define the PNW and according to many definitions, this includes western Montana. These places such as Missoula and Helena have my ideal precipitation pattern and have pretty good temperatures too. Eastern Idaho also has a lot pretty good climates. So PNW it is.

Old 02-24-2017, 10:37 AM

1,772 posts, read 1,504,088 times
Both regions are pretty bad. Eastern Black Sea mostly because Anapa is decent.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:32 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,699,345 times
Eastern Black Sea for sure.. places like Sochi and Batumi are better than any climate in the PNW with their milder winters.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelernation71 View Post
They're both s*** with loads of cold rain and minimal snow, sun, or warmth in winter and summers are either mild and thunder-less in the PNW or rainy, humid crap in the eastern Black Sea. Of the ones listed, Anapa was the only decent one and even that is only a C or C+ from me.

However, the OP did not define the PNW and according to many definitions, this includes western Montana. These places such as Missoula and Helena have my ideal precipitation pattern and have pretty good temperatures too. Eastern Idaho also has a lot pretty good climates. So PNW it is.
Sorry about that, In this case I would define it as everything west of the cascades, north of Eugene, OR and south of Vancouver, BC in order to make the comparison a bit fair.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:17 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,504,176 times
To define an entire region with various microclimates like that is virtually impossible.

Of course Trabzon is better than La Push and of course Portland is nicer than Batumi. That's pretty clear. Generally speaking I like the interior climates in Oregon enough for it to be slightly ahead, but that doesn't mean that Trabzon doesn't make a strong run for being the best climate of the bunch (vs. Forest Grove, Oregon).

Old 02-24-2017, 01:22 PM

765 posts, read 898,545 times
The Pacific Northwest extends down to Mendocino up to Southeastern Alaska. and as far east as Western Montana, and Technically Boise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather