Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which climate do you prefer?
Dunedin 18 37.50%
Plymouth 30 62.50%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 01:05 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,921,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Eastbourne also has hotter summers than mine, but an ex- Eastbournian I was working with, certainly didn't think so.

Instead of just saying that Brits are deluded, or hysterical, could you suggest another reason why might they think this?
Eastbourne has highs of 20/21C, are you sure it's hotter than your location?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 04:57 PM

2,132 posts, read 1,369,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Most of NZ is sunnier than most of the UK especially in winter. That is not even taken into account sun strength. Where in the UK regularly exceeds 11 in summer for the UV index? I will take just about any NZ climate over any UK climate any day.
It doesn't ,but that's a very good thing - and something i am thankful for .

NZ unfortunately has a dangerously high level being down where it is - i wouldn't chance my arm sunbathing in NZ for one .

So on that note i would appreciate the sometime blue skies but not the feel of the sun

Old 05-24-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
The "cold easterly winds" apply only to the eastern coastal fringe of the South Island from about Kaikoura southwards. You don't know what you're talking about. For a significant part of the North Island, strong sun intensities and humidity certainly don't create an impression of coldness, at last not when compared to the UK with its weaker sun.
I've heard enough to tell me that the NZ has the worlds 'worst' and most dangerous climate after Patagonia

Old 05-24-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Eastbourne also has hotter summers than mine, but an ex- Eastbournian I was working with last year, certainly didn't think so.

Instead of just saying that Brits are deluded, or hysterical, could you suggest another reason why might they think this?
Joe ,you need to get out of the district more and stop talking with the village looneys

Old 05-24-2017, 05:12 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,697,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorshavnSunHolidays View Post
I've heard enough to tell me that the NZ has the worlds 'worst' and most dangerous climate after Patagonia
More dangerous than Dallol and Vostok station? If you want to limit yourself to inhabited places, how about Yakutsk or Mecca?

Old 05-24-2017, 05:37 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,664,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
Eastbourne has highs of 20/21C, are you sure it's hotter than your location?
It's mean temperature is warmer than Motueka for the warmest two months.

Quote:
Joe ,you need to get out of the district more and stop talking with the village looneys
The small village mentality is entirely yours -if in doubt, call em crazy.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
More dangerous than Dallol and Vostok station? If you want to limit yourself to inhabited places, how about Yakutsk or Mecca?
I would say UV up to 18 is pretty dangerous - what do you reckon ? you can't walk out over there without coating yourself first head to foot in zinc oxide .

it's what i would class as 'useless sun' - then add that to NZ's notoriously chilly year round weather ...and you have a pretty woeful situation on your hands

Old 05-24-2017, 06:02 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,664,616 times
Quote:
I would say UV up to 18 is pretty dangerous - what do you reckon ? you can't walk out over there without coating yourself first head to foot in zinc oxide .

it's what i would class as 'useless sun' - then add that to NZ's notoriously chilly year round weather ...and you have a pretty woeful situation on your hands
Chilly is a state of coldness, which would mean less than warm -either your understanding of climate is poor, or you struggle with terminology - or possibly both.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Chilly is a state of coldness, which would mean less than warm -either your understanding of climate is poor, or you struggle with terminology - or possibly both.
chilly = NZ average temperatures

Wellington 12.7
Christchurch 11.6
Timaru 10.6
Auckland 15.2
Dunedin 11.1
Invercargill 10.0
Nelson 12.7

Chilly

Old 05-24-2017, 06:37 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,921,746 times
Quote:
It's mean temperature is warmer than Motueka for the warmest two months.
Summer is three months long, and the highs are the best way to compare heat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather