Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2014, 09:13 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,410,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
My record high is 30c and my record low is -18c.

The record high is 38c and the record low is -10c for London. It is NOT more prone to cold temps there, it is colder here.
That's what I said and have been saying

It isn't an anomaly, the whole country is experiencing colder temperatures than average, we are at 13C at the moment as well which is also below average.. I don't see what you are getting at
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 09:15 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,206,573 times
No I think you are blind my dear. I just told you there now that it is colder here during winter so we are more prone to colder extreme temps, you tried to call me a liar by saying that london is more prone to extreme temps than here.

Currently London is a lot warmer than the rest of the country so it IS an anomaly TODAY. As it ALWAYS IS when I look at the temps.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:17 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
1.3C here right now. Brrr, cold.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:22 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,410,655 times
Quote:
No I think you are blind my dear. I just told you there now that it is colder here during winter so we are more prone to colder extreme temps, you tried to call me a liar by saying that london is more prone to extreme temps than here.

Currently London is a lot warmer than the rest of the country so it IS an anomaly TODAY. As it ALWAYS IS when I look at the temps.
Babe, please read over what I said again.

1) I agreed with you when you said it was colder in winter where you are..

2) We are more prone to extreme temperatures than you. 38C in summer versus 30C for you. At all times of the year we have higher extreme temperatures than you, our October and April record high is almost hotter than your July record high. But yes in winter you get lower temperatures - probably something to do with that massive mountain by your house.

3) London is not currently warmer than the rest of the country, it is on par with most of southern Britain and at the moment actually cooler than places on the south coast.

In the words of galaxyman, HERP DE DERP

Old 10-21-2014, 09:22 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Quote:

So, how is London an anomaly when it is no warmer than the rest of Southern England? 8 stations at 14C - only one is in London.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post

So, how is London an anomaly when it is no warmer than the rest of Southern England? 8 stations at 14C - only one is in London.
I suggest you take yourself to the nearest weather site and look at the current temps across the UK.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Babe, please read over what I said again.

1) I agreed with you when you said it was colder in winter where you are..

2) We are more prone to extreme temperatures than you. 38C in summer versus 30C for you. At all times of the year we have higher extreme temperatures than you, our October and April record high is almost hotter than your July record high. But yes in winter you get lower temperatures - probably something to do with that massive mountain by your house.

3) London is not currently warmer than the rest of the country, it is on par with most of southern Britain and at the moment actually cooler than places on the south coast.

In the words of galaxyman, HERP DE DERP
How is London at 14c on par with the likes of Glasgow at 7c???

Old 10-21-2014, 09:25 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Quote:
I suggest you take yourself to the nearest weather site and look at the current temps across the UK.
I suggest you open your eyes and look at the list of CURRENT TEMPERATURES I just posted. London is NOT warmer than the rest of the country right now - it's the same as the rest of Southern England.

Quit being so stubborn and admit that you're wrong for once in your life.

Quote:
How is London at 14c on par with the likes of Glasgow at 7c???
On par with SOUTHERN ENGLAND! Do you not read?

Old 10-21-2014, 09:27 AM

Well we are talking about the UK so London at 14c is an anomaly compared with other places at 6,7,8c.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:29 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,813,132 times
Quote:
Well we are talking about the UK so London at 14c is an anomaly compared with other places at 6,7,8c.
THE ROYAL MARINES BASE AT CHIVENOR IS AT 13C. AND THE MARINES ARE THE BEST! You're the anomaly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather