Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 12:07 PM

2,611 posts, read 3,590,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Isn't it the same thing ? I am avoiding the weather I hate up North by moving to Florida, and am experiencing the weather I love now that I am here.

Don
You're avoiding the weather you hate, thus prompting the move. What made you move to Florida?

I, on the other hand, WAS going to say avoiding the heat and humidity of Texas for Colorado. But after some thought, I'd say I moved to experience the weather I like/lacked back in Texas. I realized had I known for a fact we'd get fall colors and snow in winter, I'd probably stay in Texas and tolerate the summers that go with it. I STILL hate temps over 85 even in Colorado, but I don't mind tolerating it for a couple of months because then I get to see fall colors, snow and colder temps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 12:19 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Experiencing weather I like. I would take a place with 90 F summers and 0 F winters over a place with 70 F summers and 40 F winters. I like variability.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:24 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Experiencing weather I like. I would take a place with 90 F summers and 0 F winters over a place with 70 F summers and 40 F winters. I like variability.
Lol that's an A material climate for me, though 70 F and 30 F would be even more ideal.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:43 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Lol that's an A material climate for me, though 70 F and 30 F would be even more ideal.
Lol, honestly 40 F and 70 F would feel a bit boring to me. It's not enough of a difference between winter and summer, IMO. I'd prefer 0 F and 70 F though 70 F and 30 F is already a big improvement over 40 F.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:17 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,456,014 times
My sweet spot is 90 F summers and 65 F winters. That is both comfortable and variable.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:58 PM

1,880 posts, read 2,309,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I want comfortable outdoor weather, all year. So if I'm in a climate that has that, then there is little weather I don't like. That's why I like my climate- very little weather that isn't comfortable.
I agree. I do a lot of walking (I don't have a car at present) so I want somewhere that is pleasant all year around. Where I live has that sort of weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
As much as I love warmth/heat, I hate boring weather, which rules out tropical and dry climates for me.
I am happy living in my "boring weather" place lol. As I said above, it is good walking weather.

One thing about where I live now is that most of the time, there is a gentle yet refreshing ocean breeze felt through the whole town, which I really love. It is one of those breezes that envelops you rather than buffers you. Even though the temperatures where I am now aren't that different to where I've lived in the last 10 years (about 500km south, also near the coast), the lovely breeze here just makes it that much better. In winter, it is a crisp and refreshing breeze. It is just the nicest ocean breeze I've experienced (the place before last, I lived near the ocean and it was much more blowy that it is here).

Old 02-07-2014, 12:41 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,186,539 times
Experiencing weather I like. Avoiding weather I hate is bupkis by comparison. A year with 10 months of A-grade Dfa style climate with plenty of precip (3-7"/month) and 2 months of ZZZZZZZZZZZ-------------- Atacama Desert style crap is far better than a C grade climate with nothing offensive but nothing great.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:40 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,681,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susankate View Post
I agree. I do a lot of walking (I don't have a car at present) so I want somewhere that is pleasant all year around. Where I live has that sort of weather.

I am happy living in my "boring weather" place lol. As I said above, it is good walking weather.

One thing about where I live now is that most of the time, there is a gentle yet refreshing ocean breeze felt through the whole town, which I really love. It is one of those breezes that envelops you rather than buffers you. Even though the temperatures where I am now aren't that different to where I've lived in the last 10 years (about 500km south, also near the coast), the lovely breeze here just makes it that much better. In winter, it is a crisp and refreshing breeze. It is just the nicest ocean breeze I've experienced (the place before last, I lived near the ocean and it was much more blowy that it is here).
I've started threads about the sea breeze before, but they haven't gone far -probably not enough posters are able to observe them on a daily basis.

There are some places where they are usually blustery and bring a chill at anytime of the year. Other places get more sea breezes that are lighter, and without any great chill.

Sea breezes around where I live are generally light and still tend to see a temperature rise after they start. Winter northerlies off the sea and with sunshine, bring the feel of summer. There are days though, where the sea breeze chill on another wise warm sunny late winter/spring day, can be very unpleasant.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:52 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
I'll take Minneapolis over Berlin, even though I vastly prefer Berlin's summer temperatures.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:50 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
My Essential Range is 75 F and sunny in summer with LOW HUMIDITY. There should be ZERO RAIN all summer long. 96% of the years precipitation happens in winter. Cool nights and low humidity with endless sunshine in summer is the most amazing gift mother nature could provide a person. I could care less about winter.

FLORIDA WEATHER FKING SUCKS IMO. I JUST WISH IT WOULD TURN INTO A SUBTROPICAL HIGHLAND PLATEAU INLAND.

Think about it. Orlando FL @ 4780 ft:
High/Low in July: 86/52 F
High/Low in January: 45/13 F
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather