Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2017, 04:50 AM

269 posts, read 200,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorshavnSunHolidays View Post
are you near Joe lol ?
Nah, I'm in Auckland on the North Island
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 04:55 AM

2,132 posts, read 1,372,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longaotian View Post
Excellent. someone from the North island - i reckon Auckland v Moteuka would make a great climate battle actually N v S

Old 08-03-2017, 05:55 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,278,940 times
Quote:
Cool

Time for a NZ climate battle.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:29 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,691,780 times
Quote:
Not sure why you keep referring to people dying of skin cancer. I think what they mean are just the very high UV levels, which make it easy to get very severe sunburns - which it does, while also making it sometimes quite an annoying experience to be in the sun during the summer months. Personally, whil I really like sunshine I hate the sun in the summertime, I hate wearing sunblock and then i get sunburnt and I'm not a very white skin person
I don't really. I make the point the living here doesn't have to mean being smeared in sunblock, fearful of venturing into the sun.

While it is easy to get severe sunburn, it's also easy not to get severe sunburn.

Quote:
I must admit i don't have any cover in my garden ,just a tree - but then there is a shady area by a wall where i sit ,although it does stop bees accessing the flowers there .

covered sidewalks would cost a fair bit no ? i don't think the UK has such a problem in the main - it's bit more mellow here Joe , i would say that was a serious problem somewhere like Perth WA i always walk on the sunny side of the street tbf unless it's particularly strong
Not really one for sitting in the garden much, as I'm tend to be on the move a lot. I do have a shed down by the orchard where I entertain boozy guests though, and that does have shade -it's nice on a hot afternoon, with the cicadas at full volume.

Covered sidewalks are built during initial construction. I suspect the reason the UK doesn't have them, is cultural/historical, rather than climatic.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:18 AM

2,132 posts, read 1,372,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I don't really. I make the point the living here doesn't have to mean being smeared in sunblock, fearful of venturing into the sun.

While it is easy to get severe sunburn, it's also easy not to get severe sunburn.

Not really one for sitting in the garden much, as I'm tend to be on the move a lot. I do have a shed down by the orchard where I entertain boozy guests though, and that does have shade -it's nice on a hot afternoon, with the cicadas at full volume.

Covered sidewalks are built during initial construction. I suspect the reason the UK doesn't have them, is cultural/historical, rather than climatic.
I like the sound of your boozy afternoons down in the shed Is that the home made cider at work ?

Old 08-03-2017, 11:25 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,691,780 times
Quote:
I like the sound of your boozy afternoons down in the shed Is that the home made cider at work ?
No, I've never turned my hand to home brewing/stilling. It does often include the efforts of others though.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:23 PM

769 posts, read 480,306 times
Winter: Victoria, BC (Mediterranean-like).
Summer: Windsor, ON (Subtropical-like) and Lytton, BC (Desert-like).

Old 08-04-2017, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Excellent. someone from the North island - i reckon Auckland v Moteuka would make a great climate battle actually N v S
Motueka is better IMO

Old 08-04-2017, 04:26 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,927,307 times
I can't even find the stats for Motueka.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
I can't even find the stats for Motueka.
https://en.climate-data.org/location/12571/

Sunshine is around 2400 hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather