Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2014, 05:05 PM

2,397 posts, read 3,351,000 times

Advertisements

Orangish glow from the sun setting "inland". Taken from a mate's place.
Attached Thumbnails
Winter 2014 - Southern Hemisphere-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 05:23 PM

5,738 posts, read 3,516,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koyaanisqatsi1 View Post
Not looking forward to the horrid icy and windy westerlies - screaming its head off - from tomorrow and the cold temperatures too
Yes, what horrible gales you have there.

Sydney Forecast

Friday 1 August
Partly cloudy. Winds northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h becoming light early in the morning then becoming westerly 20 to 30 km/h in the morning.

Saturday 2 August
Mostly sunny day. The chance of showers in the evening about the coastal fringe. Winds west to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h tending south to southwesterly during the day then becoming light during the evening.

Sunday 3 August
Isolated showers along the coastal fringe in the morning. Mostly sunny afternoon. Winds southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h tending southerly during the day then becoming light during the afternoon.

Monday 4 August
Mostly sunny. Light winds.

Tuesday 5 August

Wednesday 6 August

Old 07-30-2014, 07:37 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
Icy winds in Sydney.. the notion of such is enough to make even a Brit laugh uncontrollably, let alone an Edmontonian LOL.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed's Mountain View Post
Yes, what horrible gales you have there.

Sydney Forecast

Friday 1 August
Partly cloudy. Winds northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h becoming light early in the morning then becoming westerly 20 to 30 km/h in the morning.

Saturday 2 August
Mostly sunny day. The chance of showers in the evening about the coastal fringe. Winds west to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h tending south to southwesterly during the day then becoming light during the evening.

Sunday 3 August
Isolated showers along the coastal fringe in the morning. Mostly sunny afternoon. Winds southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h tending southerly during the day then becoming light during the afternoon.

Monday 4 August

Tuesday 5 August

Wednesday 6 August
That is for the city only! As far as I'm concerned, for my area that is, it will be bloody windy and cold :-(

Old 07-30-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Icy winds in Sydney.. the notion of such is enough to make even a Brit laugh uncontrollably, let alone an Edmontonian LOL.
It is damn cold by "Sydney standards"! Don't you have anything better to do than come on here and troll *roll eyes*

Last edited by koyaanisqatsi1; 07-30-2014 at 07:59 PM..

Old 07-30-2014, 09:16 PM

Quote:
It is damn cold by "Sydney standards"! Don't you have anything better to do than come on here and troll *roll eyes*
Temps look to be about average for this time of year?

Your perception of cold evokes memories of the dude who said Toronto was one of the hottest cities in the world. Much as he needed to get out and experience some genuine heat, perhaps you could find it in your means to travel a bit and experience some genuine cold.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed's Mountain View Post
Temps look to be about average for this time of year?

Your perception of cold evokes memories of the dude who said Toronto was one of the hottest cities in the world. Much as he needed to get out and experience some genuine heat, perhaps you could find it in your means to travel a bit and experience some genuine cold.
Skew being the key word here.
No need to talk down to me and I have travelled to Europe, UK and America extensively so I know what I am talking about.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Skew being the key word here.
No need to talk down to me and I have travelled to Europe, UK and America extensively so I know what I am talking about.
Your vivid descriptions of Sydney's winters made me presume otherwise. Sorry!

Old 07-31-2014, 12:01 AM

2,678 posts, read 5,069,702 times
Stunning day today - 21 C and bright blue sky after a very mild overnight low of 12 C (both min and max 10 C above average). This is probably the most interesting aspect of my climate - the potential for summery days in mid-winter (and vice versa). Tomorrow looks like more of the same.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:57 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,960,282 times
Quote:
Very ghastly low rainfall readings for this month .
At least it have not been excessively sunny as normally benefits a "westerly" month. Quite a lot of cloud about during the last half.
The city site recorded about 16 mm of rain and my area between 20 - 25 mm.
MTD sunshine is at 210 hours, 130 of this recorded during the first 13 days alone. According to my "observations", some days saw far more cloud in the city and eastern suburbs so I would subtract around 15 hours from the airport site.
It is times like this when I wish BOM considers installing sunshine recorders at three, apart from the airport, different locations such as Observatory Hill, Parramatta and Penrith to name but three.
Minimums dropped below 10C on all but five nights and the mean minimum temperature is more than 2C below the preceding month. I feel that it's been a cold but short and intense winter.
Not looking forward to the horrid icy and windy westerlies - screaming its head off - from tomorrow and the cold temperatures too:
Today: 13/25 (if reaches 26C - easily the warmest July day on record in the city and since 1990)
Tomorrow: 12/17
Saturday: 7/16
Sunday: 7/17
Monday: 7/18
Tuesday: 7/19
Wednesday: 8/20
It was 25C and sunny today. Windy though, but pleasant. What a lovely day...

Cold front will come again tomorrow with the 'icy' winds, bringing temps down to 15C. Again, at least it's sunny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather