Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2015, 02:42 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,805,277 times

Advertisements

nice beer commercial, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZr5RSZD-Fs

Old 06-18-2015, 03:19 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Perogies for dinner tonight.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:31 PM

2,688 posts, read 6,564,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
I did go, and I was OK! I just can't stand working with hangovers, but if I don't have work the following day I will always be tempted to go out!

Hmm it all depends on the location, In London lots of clubs are open until 4am/5am so the night starts later. I live outside proper London though, so I go to my friend who lives in Dagenham if I want to have a good night out, and as he is by the central line with a 20 minute tube journey to Stratford, it is pretty easy to get to (This September the tube will be 24 hours at weekends, yay! Cheaper travel home! )
Most places tend to be much cheaper entry before 12, so generally we always try and get there before then. Typical schedule for a night out in London with when I go to my mate's house in Dagenham:

5pm: Get to his house, have some dinner (most likely pizza, good to line the stomach)
6pm: Get showered and dressed, wait for other friends to arrive, maybe play some FIFA with a few beers whilst waiting
8pm: Everyone is there and ready, music is on, maybe some FIFA drinking rules, cards, drinking games etc. Spirits make an appearance at this point
10:15pm: Leave house, walk to tube station. Have a drink at hand for the journey, I usually have vodka and coke in a bottle
10:25pm: Arrived at tube station, but there is no toilet. Desperately need to 'break the seal' as we call it here, so end up finding a bush somewhere.
11:15pm: Get to club (by this point I probably need to **** again, that long tube journey and you can't exactly pee in a crowded street in London)
3am-4am: Leave club, get food from nearest takeaway, get cab/nightbus home, eat food, pass out

At uni, I tend to start drinking earlier, as clubs shut by about 3am there, we might go to a house where there will be loads of people pre drinking or end up at the student union bar before going out.

When I was in France I was surprised by how 'civilised' your pre drinks are! Food was always there, people eating crisps, olives etc whilst pre drinking, I quite liked it! But yeah it seems we start earlier here than you!
You start earlier and end later. Interesting. I've never had pre drinks before nighttime here, so about 9.45pm at the absolute earliest. One annoyance that you have to put up with though (and so did I when I used to live in Paris) is the long commute time to hang out. Nice is way more convenient, and my apartment's location is downright incredible in terms of partying. I **** you not, I can see my window from the entrance of the liveliest bar in town. Went out by myself yesterday night, ended up having an after party with 8 people.
You coming soon?

Old 06-18-2015, 05:05 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,410,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdh View Post
You start earlier and end later. Interesting. I've never had pre drinks before nighttime here, so about 9.45pm at the absolute earliest. One annoyance that you have to put up with though (and so did I when I used to live in Paris) is the long commute time to hang out. Nice is way more convenient, and my apartment's location is downright incredible in terms of partying. I **** you not, I can see my window from the entrance of the liveliest bar in town. Went out by myself yesterday night, ended up having an after party with 8 people.
You coming soon?
For the bolded part - that's a good thing as it means more drinking

Yeah the long commute is annoying, and also a hassle in terms of expense.. you have it very lucky by the sounds of it.. you can go out when you want! And as you say Nice is full of tourists so is basically a party town.. you are very lucky! I miss Nice, I will try and make it there this summer again My friends all want to go to Greece, though

Old 06-19-2015, 01:25 AM

5,983 posts, read 4,278,462 times

Old 06-19-2015, 02:25 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,261,452 times
I have just booked 5 return flights to Stansted for just over £100. I don't know how Ryanair does this but it is a credit to them.

I will do my usual trick and get my 34 inches of legroom for FREE also!

Old 06-19-2015, 02:29 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,521,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
I have just booked 5 return flights to Stansted for just over £100. I don't know how Ryanair does this but it is a credit to them.

I will do my usual trick and get my 34 inches of legroom for FREE also!
Holy cow, air travel really is cheap over there, huh? The age of cheap air travel here in the US is long gone, I'm afraid. I used to be able to fly coast to coast for $200 return - not anymore!

And how do you scam them into giving you the extra legroom?

Old 06-19-2015, 02:31 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,776,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Holy cow, air travel really is cheap over there, huh? The age of cheap air travel here in the US is long gone, I'm afraid. I used to be able to fly coast to coast for $200 return - not anymore!

Lol, I use a trick to get my bags shipped under for free when presented with audacious prices. Simply bring said bag to gate as "carry-on" and 95% of the time they will request that you allow them to stow it under for you...For Free!

Old 06-19-2015, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post

Its brilliant, its a Boeing 737-800 with leather seats. The flight attendants are so lovely, I have yet to have a problem in 20 flights.

The legroom has something to do with being the first person to check in online.

Old 06-19-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
Lol, I use a trick to get my bags shipped under for free when presented with audacious prices. Simply bring said bag to gate as "carry-on" and 95% of the time they will request that you allow them to stow it under for you...For Free!
Its called Pink tags and everyone knows that. Except on Ryanair Boeing planes there is lots of room so I just take it on the plane shove my suitcase above.

I always put my bag up there, I do not trust the baggage handlers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather