Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 03:15 AM

172 posts, read 608,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
completely sunny means without any clouds all day, sometimes there are few white clouds that don't hide the sun. Isn't this still sunny?
I guess technically no, though I am not sure, someone here will know the answer to that question. Well, up here in the 'burbs of Vancouver, British Columbia it was clear, cold, around 34F/1C at midnight (with the windchill factor it felt like the upper 20's) and the day was mostly cloudy and cool, maybe around 38F/3C (again the wind made it feel around freezing). Our December was not very sunny at all. We had at least 23 days where it was overcast and/or overcast with showers/snow. We had only two days with completely clear sunny skies, with about six partly to mostly cloudy days. In Seattle, the percentage of possible sunshine in December ranges 20-25% (depending on micro-climate [Vancouvers climate is very similar to Seattle's, just more rain]), so I would say up here in the PacNW in the winter it is pretty cloudy and depressing most of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 03:20 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,124,126 times
oh yeah, December was crappy, but November was nice to me. I like the sun, but this rain doesn't bother me. It's nothing compared to the rain in Florida or Texas. I also HATE thunderstorms. I am afraid of them and I am happy we almost never have them here

Last edited by Botev1912; 01-04-2008 at 03:29 AM..

Old 01-04-2008, 03:36 AM

172 posts, read 608,864 times
Really? You hate thunderstorms? I love them, though I prefer the less destructive variety. I dislike the type of rain that occurs on a regular basis up here, in my perfect world Vancouver (and Seattle) would have the climate of Salt Lake City. Yeah, November was much better, heck, we even had 5 days in a row of sunshine (it was cool and crisp too, ah, perfect winter weather), I am sure you remember. I find it funny how we all get excited up here when the sun is out in the winter, Everyone and their dog is outside, "Oh my GOD! The Sun!!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather