Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 04:59 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Sadly it's not very common. More likely to occur in April or September.
What about May or early June, is heat usually humid by then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 05:11 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
What about May or early June, is heat usually humid by then?
Yeah it's usually humid, at least by our standards.

Right now it's 84 F/29 C with a dewpoint of 62 F/17 C (48%). Certainly could be worse, but it's not exactly dry and tonight's forecast low is 66 F/19 C which is representative of generally more humid conditions. When it's well into the 80s or lower 90s, it's usually on the humid side between May and August, and often in September as well.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:28 PM

83,526 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
When it's well into the 80s or lower 90s, it's usually on the humid side between May and August, and often in September as well.
That's what makes our area so unbearable otherwise the temps would be tolerable even by my standards. The humidity when warm seasons comes is horrible. And the air looks and feels dirty.

Didn't mean to stay off topic about Florida but I'll never understand how they do it down south. I give lots of credit to them for sure.

Phoenix a dry heat.. vs Orlando a normal scene

Old 05-26-2015, 05:40 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
That's what makes our area so unbearable otherwise the temps would be tolerable even by my standards. The humidity when warm seasons comes is horrible. And the air looks and feels dirty.

Didn't mean to stay off topic about Florida but I'll never understand how they do it down south. I give lots of credit to them for sure.

Phoenix a dry heat.. vs Orlando a normal scene
While warmer than my ideal, summers here would be terrific if they had lower humidity.

The other thing I always forget about is the swarm of bugs and mosquitoes that make the outdoors even more useless this time of the year unless you douse yourself with bug spray.

Old 05-26-2015, 05:52 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,456,014 times
Quote:
Yup, look at the images I posted. You're not on the north side of things. Your temps stay warm and your DP's as well. But north of Philly max dewpoints and max temps drop.

NWS already catching on with Highs in the 60s. Perfect June weather. lol it wont last.(shouldn't)
Well your map shows me in the upper 50s dewpoint range.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:31 PM

83,526 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:

The other thing I always forget about is the swarm of bugs and mosquitoes that make the outdoors even more useless this time of the year unless you douse yourself with bug spray.
I'm having a hard time this year. Already sprayed backyard 3 times. Horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Well your map shows me in the upper 50s dewpoint range.
That's not below normal like northeast north of front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
You guys don't ever get dry heat? Say 90 F or 95 F but with a 55-60 F dew point?
NWS State College discussion... Once again.. A different flow coming and it means a drop in dewpoints and temps. Its rare for us to have a dry heat here now. Heat = south flow and that in turn means more humidity.

EXPECT COLD FRONT TO MOVE THROUGH PA WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY
MORNING. THIS WILL BRING NORTHWESTERLY FLOW AND COOLER AND DRIER
AIR.
HIGH PRESSURE AT THE SURFACE AND ALOFT WILL BUILD OVER THE
REGION THROUGH FRIDAY...REDUCING ANY PRECIPITATION CHANCES THROUGH
THE LATTER HALF OF THE WEEK

A COLD FRONT WILL LIKELY BRING AN END TO THE SUMMER-LIKE WARMTH/HUMIDITY NEXT WEEKEND.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:42 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,456,014 times
Quote:
That's not below normal like northeast north of front.
What I'm saying is that Wunderground is predicting it to be much higher that day than Euro does.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:53 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,339,193 times
I would suggest baby steps...baby steps. Because you are so use to the warm weather of Florida all of your life I would urge you to look into Western North Carolina or even southwest Virginia, anywhere above 2000ft elevation you will get some snow in the winter and beautiful fall foliage but hopefully not 100 inches of snow like the Rocky Mts out west can easily rack up.

Old 05-27-2015, 12:05 AM

7,733 posts, read 6,465,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
I would suggest baby steps...baby steps. Because you are so use to the warm weather of Florida all of your life I would urge you to look into Western North Carolina or even southwest Virginia, anywhere above 2000ft elevation you will get some snow in the winter and beautiful fall foliage but hopefully not 100 inches of snow like the Rocky Mts out west can easily rack up.

Babysteps, babyschmeps. My cousin moved from subtropical Florida to continental Nebraska and not only adapted to the midwestern winter, but fell in love with the snow. He recently moved back (because my aunt (his mom) did) and hates Florida's heat. If you already love the cold, you really won't need those babysteps. To put things into perspective, a year before moving, my cousin found the 50s cold.

Old 05-27-2015, 12:09 AM

7,733 posts, read 6,465,877 times
Here in west central Texas, there's 4 seasons. I haven't experienced summer yet, and while summer is a scorcher, the fall-spring are oh so lovely. Winter we got snow for a week and a half. Up to 5 inches probably (didn't measure), we got a tornado this May and some hail. It's almost June and it's in the 60s outside. It reached 95 today and I didn't even notice it, because it's so dry. Texas ain't perfect, but it's far better than Florida, especially in terms of the weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather