Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2015, 12:39 PM

881 posts, read 646,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
First, he was complaining about how the sun sets too early. Now he complains that there's too much sun. You can't make stuff like this up folks, lol.
And then the half hour timezone difference caused havoc with his sleeping patterns of which we ofcourse were subject to the runnung commentary of. Now he wants to spend time in Miami. Just imagine the PMSing when he touches down holymongoloidmoly

Old 10-10-2015, 12:40 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,521,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
The areas of upstate New York that get a lot of lake-effect snow seem like a great place for possible relocation. Not the *most* ideal climate, but a good blend of climate desirability & proximity to home.
Yeah, I agree - not the perfect climate, but it's sure a darned sight better than here. And it really is accessible to a great number of places - even my parents' place in NC would be a 10-hour drive - closer than than when I lived in south Florida.

The UP of Michigan has the best climate, imo, but it's sooooo remote.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Syracuse gets so much frequent snow that it's a hassle. It's also gloomy, but owen's used to that. Averages snowfall is 315 cm /year and 77 days of snow on the ground.
Snow would never, ever be a hassle for me...lol. I'd love each and every inch. When I'm finally able to move there, my biggest complaint will be about below-normal snowfall...lol. Plus anything over 90 - I don't care if it happens just one day a year, I'm still going to b*tch about it...lol.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:45 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
What part of the US would you move to if money and/or job wasn't a concern?
Also disregarding proximity to home as a concern, maybe a place like Breckenridge, Colorado. But that may be a bit sunnier than ideal. The Northern Rockies in general seem appealing, particularly the windward sides (more snow). Remember that lady that used to post here from Wyoming/Idaho? That seemed like a really nice climate.

Michigan's Upper Peninsula would certainly be a contender. I'd be a bit more interested in Atlantic Canada, but since I'm limited to the US in your hypothetical scenario, maybe someplace in Alaska that gets a lot of snow would be appealing.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:50 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,261,452 times
Down to £80 for 12 days

Old 10-10-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Also disregarding proximity to home as a concern, maybe a place like Breckenridge, Colorado. But that may be a bit sunnier than ideal. The Northern Rockies in general seem appealing, particularly the windward sides (more snow). Remember that lady that used to post here from Wyoming/Idaho? That seemed like a really nice climate.

Michigan's Upper Peninsula would certainly be a contender. I'd be a bit more interested in Atlantic Canada, but since I'm limited to the US in your hypothetical scenario, maybe someplace in Alaska that gets a lot of snow would be appealing.
Atlantic Canada would be pretty nice, actually - too bad it's not an option, unless we annex those provinces someday...lol.

I've ruled out anything west of the Mississippi, due to low rainfall and high summer sun hours. I like clouds and rain in summer, so the UP of Michigan is the furthest west I'm willing to go.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Down to £80 for 12 days
That's why I liked being on the food plan - since I didn't have to worry about money running out...lol. I never seemed to have that problem anyhow, since I never really did any shopping or anything. I had a set amount of spending money each month - I always had some left over.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:56 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,435,900 times
Quote:
That's why I liked being on the food plan - since I didn't have to worry about money running out...lol. I never seemed to have that problem anyhow, since I never really did any shopping or anything. I had a set amount of spending money each month - I always had some left over.
Yeah, I liked the meal plan when I was in college. Very convenient. I'm not much of a cook.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:57 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,367,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Priceless.....
Remember when he came to DC/NYC and he said he was hoping it was 37 C, and he got here and complained endlessly about it being 32 C and humid?

Quote:
What part of the US would you move to if money and/or job wasn't a concern?
Good question. I think Alma, CO would be a good contender.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alma,_Colorado#Climate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfront Factory View Post
And then the half hour timezone difference caused havoc with his sleeping patterns of which we ofcourse were subject to the runnung commentary of. Now he wants to spend time in Miami. Just imagine the PMSing when he touches down holymongoloidmoly
Lmao. He seems to thrive off of having something to ***** about.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:59 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,261,452 times
Quote:
It runs out so quickly. I just spent £20 on food and it'll last me probably 3 days and then I'll have to go and top up again.

I can't be bothered doing a full shopping because I'd be gone anyway. But yeah my money runs out very quickly. Spent another £10 on a meal today so I've decided not to go out this week or I'll literally have no money left pretty quickly. Here you'd need about £600 a month to live comfortably and not worry about running out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather