Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2015, 12:21 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,437,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
Not everyone has a reliance though bud, lots do it for the socialization factor. Opens you up a bit when talking and when meeting new people.

Even the people who get the highest grades in my classes find time to socialize and go to the student events and have a few drinks. This way you get to know people in your classes which is a huge benefit as you can ask them about assignments, concepts you don't understand etc.

It is not just about sitting in the room pouting while everyone is out having a good time.

Even if you don't want to do it all the time, one or two days (weekend) is better than nothing.
Totally.

Booze is great for socializing.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:24 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,594,102 times
You don't even need to drink alcohol, you can just get a coke if you're that adamant against drinking anything alcoholic. But you're not going t get drunk from one or two bottles of beer or cider. Try the sweet ciders like Kopparberg if you're not keen on the bitter taste of beer.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:25 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,262,503 times
Except they do have a reliance on it. Most people round here seem to go out to the bar every night (not just the weekend,) and get drunk until they don't have any control of their body.

Without getting drunk most people can't seem to cope round here.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Except they do have a reliance on it. Most people round here seem to go out to the bar every night (not just the weekend,) and get drunk until they don't have any control of their body.

Without getting drunk most people can't seem to cope round here.
It's common when you're young but most people stop when they graduate or do it less. No big deal.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:30 PM

1,772 posts, read 1,505,283 times
My English neighbour regularly brings me some John Smith's smooth beer, I like it for its mild taste.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
It's common when you're young but most people stop when they graduate or do it less. No big deal.
Definitely, but it's a British thing to be into Alcohol. I am mentally too mature for the people in this area from what I can see. From observation they seem to take drinking to the excess i.e drinking 5 bottles a night, there is no medium with them, they don't stop at tipsy - it's not a good night if they don't get drunk which is why I have a problem with people like that.

I wouldn't even want to describe some of the things that have been said, most nights will consist of people running up and down corridors like infants, of course this starts about 11pm when i'm getting ready for bed and will go on until 3am. Last night when I was in bed I had to listen to a drunk 'man' loudly shouting about impregnating girls and how their sole purpose in life is for sex; I can only begin to think how intimidating this is for a woman.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Definitely, but it's a British thing to be into Alcohol. I am mentally too mature for the people in this area from what I can see. From observation they seem to take drinking to the excess i.e drinking 5 bottles a night.

I wouldn't even want to describe some of the things that have been said, most nights will consist of people running up and down corridors like infants, of course this starts about 11pm when i'm getting ready for bed and will go on until 3am.
I don't think you are. There is a reason why there is an age limit on alcohol - and by all accounts you're not mentally mature enough to handle it. Going by your posts, I don't think you're mature enough for university life - but maybe living away from your parents will enable you to grow and develop a bit.

Old 09-27-2015, 01:00 PM

So these other people who run up and down the corridors like a pack of nursery children are? Really!? A mature adult would never do such a thing, I could never imagine my parents running up and down corridors or my father loudly shouting about having sex with woman.

Sorry to tell you, but I AM at a higher level of mature in comparison to most people in this complex.

Old 09-27-2015, 01:08 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,370,263 times
Quote:
So these other people who run up and down the corridors like a pack of nursery children are? Really!? A mature adult would never do such a thing, I could never imagine my parents running up and down corridors or my father loudly shouting about having sex with woman.

Sorry to tell you, but I AM at a higher level of mature in comparison to most people in this complex.
Lmao, honestly you and the word "mature" don't even deserve to be in the same sentence.

Old 09-27-2015, 01:09 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,777,073 times
Honestly it's probably better to be "immature" and have a social life in college than to be "mature" and lose out on friends/fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather