Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2016, 10:01 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times

Advertisements

F*ck, f*ck, craaaaaaap. The legendary TPS from Turku which plays these days in the 1. Division (2nd tier) have just before the season's start said that they're in a severe financial crisis. Almost a million in debt (which is a lot in Finnish football), and now they cry desperately for help, as they cannot gather even a shoestring budget. They expect that the coffers will be empty by August, and can't finish through the season on this rate.

If they retreat now, the sanctions will be severe. They will be relegated to the 7th tier, and banned for 5 years from entering to the 2nd tier (theoretically possible on the 5th year if they are promoted every year).

Very bad news indeed for one of the most legendary clubs in Finnish football with 8 domestic championships. In the last 10 years they have collected €6.3 million in total losses. 5 years ago they were contenders for the championship with HJK, now the story might be over for real. Crazy, though I'm not a supporter, as residing in Turku I have some sympathy for the club.

Old 04-01-2016, 10:46 AM

More football now when we have the unhappy thread for other chitchat. For the first time.... uhm... ever, the top XI of HJK has only 3 Finns and one dual national.

-------------Morelos
----Odu-----Tanaka-----Alho
----------Medo----Annan
Taiwo Tatomirovic Rexhepi Jalasto
--------------Dähne

Dähne (GER): RB Salzburg, RB Leipzig
Taiwo (NGR): Marseille, AC Milan, QPR, Bursaspor
Tatomirovic (SRB): FK Sarajevo
Rexhepi: Honka Espoo, Lilleström
Jalasto: Honka Espoo, Aalesund, Stabaek
Medo (SLE/FIN): HJK, Partizan Belgrad, Bolton
Annan (GHA): Rosenborg, Schalke, Vitesse, Osasuna, 1860 München, Stabaek
Oduamadi (NGR): AC Milan, Torino, Varese, Brescia, Crotone, Latina (is on loan from AC Milan)
Tanaka (JPN): Albirex Niigata
Alho: HJK
Morelos (COL): Independiente Medellín

Bench:

GK Uusitalo: VPS Vaasa
F Forssell: HJK, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Birmingham, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Hannover, Leeds, Bochum (yes, he still plays, turns 35 this year)
RB Sorsa: HJK
CM Kolehmainen: AC Oulu, TPS, Hönefoss
CM Onovo (NGR): Inter Turku
LW,RW, F Gadze (GHA): Delhi Dynamos
AM Ylätupa: HJK reserves
CB Halme: Honka Espoo, HJK reserves
CM Malolo: HJK reserves
CM, AM, RW Dahlström: HJK reserves
F Lappalainen: HJK reserves

I think this squad is quite able to win the championship. Last season was a catastrophe, as the noobs from SJK Seinäjoki won the title, and RoPS Rovaniemi finished 2nd, gaining their first medal since the 1980's. HJK finished on 3rd place after 6 consecutive championships and falling out from the Europa League group stage with an extra-time offside goal.

The wingers are good, but no real replacements for them. Tanaka is good on the wing, but for the number 10 position we have only Ylätupa, and he's 16... Dahlström is able to play the position, but his pre season has been awful. I hope we are still able to sign some attacking midfielder. Goalkeeper Dähne... I have no trust for him.
I counted we have 11 players under 20 in the squad. Halme and Ylätupa have a good future ahead of them, but the other ones are question marks. Can they prove that they are worthy of a place in the 1st team when the opportunity arrives?

Last edited by Ariete; 04-01-2016 at 10:57 AM..

Old 04-01-2016, 01:26 PM

2,850 posts, read 1,970,186 times
I hope they get a Doppler Radar system installed for Charlotte soon.
Why is Charlotte the biggest U.S. city without Doppler radar? | The Charlotte Observer

Old 04-01-2016, 01:51 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srfoskey View Post
I hope they get a Doppler Radar system installed for Charlotte soon.
Why is Charlotte the biggest U.S. city without Doppler radar? | The Charlotte Observer
Charlotte is covered by Doppler radar though, there is no "gap" such as those found in states like Alaska. The nearest radar, KGSP, is kind of distant (80 miles away), but Charlotte has its own TDWR.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:17 AM

HJK - IFK Mariehamn 2-0 (0-0)
Tanaka (Taiwo) 68'
Tanaka (Forssell) 84'

Good solid start of the season. Both stoppers Rexhepi and Tatomirovic warned. I think they will collect 250 yellow cards during the season if they continue like this.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:12 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,406,132 times
****ed up last night . my parents had signed me up for this program called YLA. basically what it is you spend 3 days at this hotel discussing the bill you are assigned to. I was assigned the minimum wage bill. And there are some other activities we do there. We met congressman,we were in the legislative building we had the full experience. Also I had never seen so many pretty girls in one place in my whole life, but this unrelated to what happened.

It was lame tbh, but I knew it would be beneficial to me . My mother was excited for one, they got me a new suit ,and everything, the excitement she had was crazy they dropped me off at the hotel I chilled there did what I was supposed to. Till the night came....

The hotel was on Hillsborough street in Raleigh, hilssborough street in freaking Raleigh, it was Friday night, nc state campus is on hillsborough street. I met this kid and we decided to ditch and find a party, we left and walked and none of the college kids we saw suspected a thing, this is where looking older than you are is beneficial. We walked till we found a party. But it won't as turnt as we wanted so we left and went further, some mf ratted him out, they didn't know i was gone but they knew he was. They called him up and said where u at, we were farrr away but we told them we coming. If I had played my card s right I could have snuck in, he couldn't they knew he was gone but I could have.

When we got there the cops was waiting, the group officials, everybody important. This is where I became ****ed. We walked in they were asking us questions, I ignored because the other dude was flipping out cursing at them, the director women got mad the cops were pissed off because I ignored them and ****. I finally told them my name but apologized. This is where they got very rude. The cops where calling me ****, being very rude. The director lady refused to forgive, and she laughed dead in my face, she called my mom at 11pm and was being extremely rude to her, that pissed me off but i knew better than to do anything more, didnt want to spend the night in jail for cursing this lady out, and I told her I don't appreciate you being rude to my mom like that. She laughed even more.told her forgiveness is a virtue she laughed at me, and I was really concerned at this point and all she did was laugh and be nasty.

I went with the cop to get my stuff from my room everyone thought I was getting arrested, very awkward. The cop was even like wtf this is retarded , we told them we where at a park bench nearby and they believed it, so the cop saw this as pointless and the lady as an *******, but won't nothing he could do. My dad pulled up 1230 am to get me, imagine how pissed he was. Don't know which is worse , my mom broken heart or my dads roughness to me. All in all It was a crazy night. I wasn't mad, if anything I was happy. Just wish I hadn't been caught or been smarter and not have gone. Whatever it was fun still.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:17 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,952,726 times
Friday was amazing. I spent the day with friends in the city, and then went to the footy later that night, where my team Collingwood won the game by a point in the last 4 seconds! It was like a movie. Final score was 87-86.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
Friday was amazing. I spent the day with friends in the city, and then went to the footy later that night, where my team Collingwood won the game by a point in the last 4 seconds! It was like a movie. Final score was 87-86.
Shoot I could have enjoyed my time even more if we were not caught, we had more than 70 dollars on us in total, we would have been fine.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:30 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,952,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Shoot I could have enjoyed my time even more if we were not caught, we had more than 70 dollars on us in total, we would have been fine.
You should have pulled the old "Do you know who I am" trick to try and confuse them.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
You should have pulled the old "Do you know who I am" trick to try and confuse them.
Lol no. I should have planned it out better and understood the situation so I could have gotten back in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather