Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2016, 10:31 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,551,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Germany definitely has a decent variety of weather for being in Western Europe. Though, I guess Germany could be considered "Central" Europe?
Berlin should be geographically.

I don't find much interesting about extreme temperatures, storms, interesting Synoptics, nice cloud variety and fast weather changes are interesting.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:32 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,551,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdh View Post
Yeah, I've moved from Paris to Nice to Sydney in just 1 year but this time it is for a really solid work opportunity, so I'm hoping to stay at least a couple years. Weather is definitely gonna be far from ideal but I love the city; incomparably more than Paris. Two different worlds IMO. That plus the fact that my best friend is moving there soon as well, and Nice is only a cheap 1.30 hour flight away I'm also gonna be paid more than I could dream of in France, so weekend trips to Canary Islands or Morocco could be an option to get my warmth and sunshine fix
Why do you love London much more than Paris? Assumed most that love one, would love the other; other than language issues

Old 01-04-2016, 10:35 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,609,695 times
I like both, but Paris can sometimes seem a bit stale compared to London. I think London feels more like a living, breathing city, at least in the centre.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:40 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,445,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
That website is very dangerous - offering therapy for 'unwanted homosexual attractions'. This really isn't the type of thing we should be putting into the public sphere. It makes it seem that we (gay people) are damaged or have unhealthy relationships with women - or worse, were victims of sexual abuse as children.

Very worrying.
Why is it dangerous? Must everyone with homosexual attractions want those attractions?

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting and objective analysis of the various causes. What's clear is that there is no one, single cause. But same-sex disaffiliation in its various forms seems to be one major commonality among all the proposed causes. It does a lot more to explain male homosexuality than the usual nonsense, such as genes.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:43 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,609,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Why is it dangerous? Must everyone with homosexual attractions want those attractions?

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting and objective analysis of the various causes. What's clear is that there is no one, single cause. But same-sex disaffiliation in its various forms seems to be one major commonality among all the proposed causes. It does a lot more to explain male homosexuality than the usual nonsense, such as genes.
No, but regardless of what people want to believe, homosexuality isn't an illness that can be cured, and instilling such thoughts into their mind - that what they have is bad and needs to go away - will only create feelings of low self-worth, and this is why you get gay teenagers killing themselves. People probably wouldn't search out therapy for their same-sex attractions if they weren't made to feel like they were sub-human or disgusting for having them in the first place.

I don't know what causes homosexuality, but 'gay therapy' is hokum and should absolutely be outlawed. I'm very uneasy with the idea that people see it as something that should be 'cured' if people want it 'curing' - it implies that what I am, the person I am, is somehow inferior or wrong.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:48 AM

6,908 posts, read 7,676,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I'm glad the holidays are over, now I feel like I can really get back on track. Holidays are overrated.
Dumbest post I have read all year (thus far).

People who work hard day in day out NEED a mental break to refresh.
Just a stupid post that one quoted is.

I definitely can't imagine me other others I know who have worked over 30 days straight with LONG 12 hour days, saying: "holidays are overrated"

Old 01-04-2016, 10:49 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,570,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Why do you love London much more than Paris? Assumed most that love one, would love the other; other than language issues
This is entirely personal and subjective, but I've found the mindset to be completely different. Paris embodies everything I hate about France. Not only the quality of life is highly mediocre; people are also extremely rude, pretentious, very hard to talk to, and their idea of having fun on a Friday night is gathering in piss smelling cocktail bars to complain about their boss. It's also very backwards (e.g in terms of transport, the metro is a gateway to Hell, taxis are atrocious), completely dead on Sundays with 95% shops closed, and everyone just staying home watching TV or walking their dog or going to a hipster expo, and there's an atmosphere of lingering despair and defeat which has been compounded by the November terrorist attacks (I was there in December and it was worse than ever). Nightlife is absolutely pathetic for a city of that size (even Nice is far better, with a population more than 10 times smaller) and people have no idea how to have fun except for incredibly boring house parties full of cocaine fueled posh girls delivering endless monologues about their PhD in philosophy.

(Sorry Rozenn )

That might be just me, but more generally, except from a few absolutely terrific people obviously, I generally don't like and don't get along well with French people. I have an *incomparably* better feeling with Aussies, Kiwis, Americans, Canadians and Brits. Guess I was born in the wrong country

I spent 4 days in London in December and had a freakin blast. Had WAY more fun and met more cool people in one weekend than I ever did in the 1.5 years of my life I wasted in our ****ty frog capital. And I knew no one there to begin with, had almost no prior knowledge of the city and no clue where to hang out.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:50 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,378,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post

Um, I worked throughout the whole holidays. Don't you think I need a mental break to refresh? Dumb ass post, think first next time before saying dumb ****.

And when I meant holiday, I meant specifically Christmas and New Years. Not holidays or vacations in general.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:52 AM

6,908 posts, read 7,676,227 times
I definitely can't imagine me other others I know who have worked over 30 days straight with LONG 12 hour days, saying: "holidays are overrated"

Old 01-04-2016, 10:52 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,378,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post

I've worked much more than 30 days straight with long hours (some longer than twelve hours). Like I said, think next time before you make a post jumping to conclusions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather