Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2016, 02:23 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,409,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Seems like at dance courses, the higher the level, the older the girls who partake in them are. Ah well.

It mimicked this area's weather patterns this year, complete with the hot July and wet October.
Yeah I tried to mimic the pattern of most of Western Europe for a lot of last year

Old 02-03-2016, 02:42 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Or,

Rank these two totally unrealistic climates, one having an annual mean of 50C and another having a mean of -50C

Or,

Rank these Southern Californian climates all within a 5-mile radius where I live.
Yes, so much yes to this. This is something that has annoyed me for the last few months. It's always the same **** from that poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
The seasonal threads usually have something interesting, don't really care about a lot of the other stuff going on. I just skim the forum, find what interests me, then move on. Some of the time I post stuff that I think would be interesting (charts, some weather patterns comments) I don't get much response. Whatever.

Some of the posters here have become rather whiny.
I think stupid posts get more attention because either:

A.) People call out the stupid post and correct it.

B.) Other posters of the same intelligence level agree or that's the only thing they comment on because better posts go over their head

Old 02-03-2016, 02:44 PM

1,772 posts, read 1,504,548 times
To be honest, climate battles made up for the majority of threads a few years back too. Nowadays everyone already knows each other's climate preferences en detail, so it's boring.

I still find lots of interesting things on here though, most times I only read them, maybe I should respond to these things more. What exactly are you guys missing? More current (European) weather discussions?

Old 02-03-2016, 03:21 PM

881 posts, read 646,534 times
The northern and southern hemisphere threads and especially the respective photo threads should be combined as the southern hemisphere threads never get any activity. Combining them would add an extra dimension of interest and discussion IMO. I always post my pics and weather discussion in the general chat thread as there is no point posting in threads no one ever looks at.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:29 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
To be honest, climate battles made up for the majority of threads a few years back too. Nowadays everyone already knows each other's climate preferences en detail, so it's boring.

I still find lots of interesting things on here though, most times I only read them, maybe I should respond to these things more. What exactly are you guys missing? More current (European) weather discussions?
True. There are few enigmatic posters here anymore. If any.

What I miss is that a poster would post something maybe with pics how it's gonna be in England the next few days. You post how it's in Germany, FG would post about Malta, I would post about Finland, Jakobsli about Norway, Rozenn about France, Galaxyman about Melbourne, Cambium about NE US. Then you got a lot of info of different places what's happening. It was a bit like that when I joined CD, but when hardly anyone posts or comment on anything anymore, the "discussion" is kind of pointless.

Enjoy the pic threads though.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:33 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
I think many of the European posters don't post on their upcoming weather anymore, the American side is still as active as ever, though Cambium dominates the conversation, which I don't mind since we're in about the same region.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:45 PM

jgtheone, time to carpet bomb this sh*t, no?

Perth Forecast

no heat forecast for Melbourne whatsoever. This forecast ensemble is a sorry state of affairs OCF Forecasts for VIC: East Central

and there is another very strong polar outbreak forecast around the 13th. This is shaping up to be a historic ****house Failbruary for Melbourne

Old 02-03-2016, 04:56 PM

7,033 posts, read 4,954,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfront Factory View Post
jgtheone, time to carpet bomb this sh*t, no?

Perth Forecast

no heat forecast for Melbourne whatsoever. This forecast ensemble is a sorry state of affairs OCF Forecasts for VIC: East Central

and there is another very strong polar outbreak forecast around the 13th. This is shaping up to be a historic ****house Failbruary for Melbourne
Holy **** Perth calm the **** down

We're having low 30s-high 20s for the rest of the week, bar today which I can't complain about. BoM is forecasting average/below average for Feb and march so that means it will be above average

Old 02-03-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtheone View Post
Holy **** Perth calm the **** down

We're having low 30s-high 20s for the rest of the week, bar today which I can't complain about. BoM is forecasting average/below average for Feb and march so that means it will be above average
Usually that is true, but their forecast of a below average January ended up being bang on - the one ****ing time they got it right.

Models are trying their best to put southerlies and seabreezes through southern Vic most days.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:50 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,364,943 times
Religion is such a boring topic, even in a historical sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather