Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2017, 01:45 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,441,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
They are probably one of the millions of Yankees gone south coming up for a visit.
LOL, I don't think they come from Rehoboth Beach.. or Wildwood. Actually, I see a lot more Virginia than anything else. VA beach itself would be better. But for living in Virginia, I'd opt for further south... e.g.North Carolina

Old 07-03-2017, 01:49 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,412,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
LOL, I don't think they come from Rehoboth Beach.. or Wildwood. Actually, I see a lot more Virginia than anything else. VA beach itself would be better. But for living in Virginia, I'd opt for further south... e.g.North Carolina
True, maybe they are in Northern VA? That is highly likely also?

Old 07-03-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
True, maybe they are in Northern VA? That is highly likely also?
Perhaps, but even then, for the time it takes to get here to Southern Delaware, you could get to many more southern shore points.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:38 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,523,129 times
Maybe they're coming up to visit family and still want to go to the beach?

Old 07-03-2017, 04:00 PM

Finally home from Rehoboth -- seemed like a long time on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Maybe they're coming up to visit family and still want to go to the beach?
In fairness, there are far more vehicles from Virginia in Rehoboth Beach compared to the South Jersey Shore. But even when it comes to our Shore, it's something I always wondered about: what would compel someone with easier access to more southerly, warmer ocean water to choose our ocean?

Old 07-03-2017, 04:04 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,231,687 times
Quote:
Finally home from Rehoboth -- seemed like a long time on the road.

In fairness, there are far more vehicles from Virginia in Rehoboth Beach compared to the South Jersey Shore. But even when it comes to our Shore, it's something I always wondered about: what would compel someone with easier access to more southerly, warmer ocean water to choose our ocean?
Rehoboth Beach is pretty nice from what I've heard, so maybe they're just willing to take the ride up north to check it out. There could be a plethora of reasons for anyone to go anywhere. People have asked me why I've gone to Myrtle Beach instead of the Jersey Shore despite being closer...for two main reasons: 1) family and 2) surprisingly cheaper

Old 07-03-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Rehoboth Beach is pretty nice from what I've heard, so maybe they're just willing to take the ride up north to check it out. There could be a plethora of reasons for anyone to go anywhere. People have asked me why I've gone to Myrtle Beach instead of the Jersey Shore despite being closer...for two main reasons: 1) family and 2) surprisingly cheaper
Well, I certainly wouldn't question anyone from up North going to a Southern beach -- that makes the most sense, of course, because the ocean is warmer. That's my point. It always make me wonder when I see people from Virginia and south, including Florida, at our beaches. While I definitely believe that that a place like Wildwood, for example, has a lot going for it in terms of the culture, cuisine, etc., of the town, it still just doesn't compare to the awesomeness of a warm ocean.

Speaking of cuisine, that's definitely something Wildwood has going for it over Rehoboth. In Rehoboth, there were three Grotto Pizza places within a very short distance of one another. And Grotto's has decent pizza (and you can get a beer there ), but I was in the mood to try something else, I suppose. There isn't as much. In Wildwood, it'd probably take you a full two week's vacation to sample every interesting pizzeria on the boardwalk.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:17 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,231,687 times
Quote:
Well, I certainly wouldn't question anyone from up North going to a Southern beach -- that makes the most sense, of course, because the ocean is warmer. That's my point. It always make me wonder when I see people from Virginia and south, including Florida, at our beaches. While I definitely believe that that a place like Wildwood, for example, has a lot going for it in terms of the culture, cuisine, etc., of the town, it still just doesn't compare to the awesomeness of a warm ocean.

Speaking of cuisine, that's definitely something Wildwood has going for it over Rehoboth. In Rehoboth, there were three Grotto Pizza places within a very short distance of one another. And Grotto's has decent pizza (and you can get a beer there ), but I was in the mood to try something else, I suppose. There isn't as much. In Wildwood, it'd probably take you a full two week's vacation to sample every interesting pizzeria on the boardwalk.
Well I wasn't going for the warmer water, but it doesn't hurt.

I've only gone to Point Pleasant. I'm a failure when it comes to the Shore. I didn't even go after my senior prom. Hoping to get down there at least once this summer. Just so crowded on weekends and holidays so I have to do it in the middle of the week.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Well I wasn't going for the warmer water, but it doesn't hurt.

I've only gone to Point Pleasant. I'm a failure when it comes to the Shore. I didn't even go after my senior prom. Hoping to get down there at least once this summer. Just so crowded on weekends and holidays so I have to do it in the middle of the week.
Yeah, I'm not too familiar with the Northern beaches (in my view, the North Jersey beaches are in Ocean & Monmouth Counties - Southern ones are in Atlantic & Cape May Counties). I was in Seaside Heights only one- it was the off-season. Early April 2013, when that roller coaster was still in the ocean due to the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. An interesting thing to witness. You couldn't go on the beach. There were State Troopers idling their squad cars at every entrance. But a few places on or near the boardwalk were still open. Got a slice of pizza.

That was the first and only time I've been to Island Beach State Park too -- i.e., the same place that's currently closed to the public and Christie decided to visit, but was spotted...

Old 07-04-2017, 09:49 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,958,943 times
Q: How do you know if your house has been burgled by a Chinese person?

A: Your homework is done, your computer is upgraded, but two hours later they're still trying to back out of your driveway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather