Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2016, 05:38 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
No, most of us blend in. A lot of gay people get married, have children and go to the grave without ever telling anyone they are gay.

Well, I can't help who I'm attracted to but I would never 'make a move' on a straight person. That's dumb, and not very nice for the person in question.

Not all conservatives are homophobic, but I guess it depends on how you define 'conservative'. For example, many people in the UK who vote for the Tories are economically right-wing but socially left-wing. For many Labour voters in northern England, it's the opposite - economically left-wing but socially right-wing. So it's not as simple as 'right = homophobe'. It's basically what I call 'libertarian right' and 'authoritarian left'.
Im the opposite lol, Im straight (well a bit bi, but mostly straight) but most people are convinced Im a flaming homosexual, just cause Im very feminine and wear lots of tight clothes, and I love light orange and pink colors

Old 10-07-2016, 05:40 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
Quote:
And I would rather eat a black widow spider than go down on a woman, so I don't find that offensive or anything.
I've never gone down on a dude but I have to say going down on a girl is amazing. The first time I did it I didn't feel anything (I was too nervous probably) but after that I just fell in love with it

Old 10-07-2016, 06:11 PM

13,485 posts, read 9,027,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
But I've basically only met a gay man once in my life. According to the media everyone is gay, but I wonder where all you guys are? Stuck in the closet?
I'm pretty sure you have met many more than that, most gay men are not camp & the rest of us don't wear a big badge with "I'm a GAY!" written on it

Quote:
I think most are like that. It must be damn frustrating to know that 95 % of your "target audience" would rather eat rotten bananas than ever consider you regardless of your character? I guess that's the biggest mental hurdle for gay people.
When I was younger it was more difficult to meet guys, but I still managed to just fine. These days young gay men can find out if there is another gay guy X amount of feet away, what they look like, if they are a top or bottom & all without even having to leave their house! I so wish Grindr was available in my youth *sigh*...

Old 10-07-2016, 06:12 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,505,587 times
Quote:
Funny that Stockholm leans right, while in the UK, London leans left - yet I bet the demographics of both cities are very similar (lots of immigrants, hipsters and rich people).
The thing about Stockholm is that the hipster area is centred around Södermalm, a narrow area in the centre of the city, the city council is dominated by the left right now for example. The Greater Stockholm area is solid blue though, mainly because immigration is not high on the list in Stockholm County so that Sweden Democrats aren't that strong. The figures are somewhat skewed given that most of the SD voters are right of centre and absolutely despise the Social Democrats.

Old 10-07-2016, 06:17 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
2015 election map for the UK: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...lectionMap.svg

Red = Labour
Blue = Conservative
Yellow = Scottish National Party
Orange = Liberal Democrats
Light Green = Green Party
Dark Green = Plaid Cymru
Purple = UKIP

I'm not even going to mention Northern Ireland which is has its own political parties. Bunch of weirdos.

Old 10-07-2016, 06:22 PM

5,601 posts, read 3,505,587 times
Quote:
2015 election map for the UK: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...lectionMap.svg

Red = Labour
Blue = Conservative
Yellow = Scottish National Party
Orange = Liberal Democrats
Light Green = Green Party
Dark Green = Plaid Cymru
Purple = UKIP

I'm not even going to mention Northern Ireland which is has its own political parties. Bunch of weirdos.
I actually know a lot about UK politics. But how come the Tories are so successful in rural areas as far north as in some areas of Yorkshire and lose Exeter as a mid-size city on the south coast, it being a safe Labour island in the Tory heartland?? Seems weird to me.

Old 10-07-2016, 06:47 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,454,092 times
Quote:
I think most are like that. It must be damn frustrating to know that 95 % of your "target audience" would rather eat rotten bananas than ever consider you regardless of your character? I guess that's the biggest mental hurdle for gay people.
Probably still a better chance than being a shy straight guy.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:53 PM

44 posts, read 44,582 times
Alex985: Doesn't follow the zeitgeist (i.e. posts on the Fashion & Beauty forum)
Muslim12: He makes Arab Money
Tom77Falcons: Wants to fly (why do you think he has falcons in his name?)
Warzawa: Underground
B87: Drinks tea and eats crumpets
flamingGalah!: Drinks tea and eats crumpets in Malta
Irlinit: Drinks tea and eats crumpets while watching soccer
TommyFL: Sarcastic.
Infamous: Empire State of Mind
Thunder98: Wants thunderstorms
WildCat: Wants summer thunderstorms
Ethereal: Crocodile hunter

Old 10-07-2016, 11:01 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,600,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
if accurate , that's a sunshine % of 95%, higher than most of the desert US SW
I'd like to see some evidence. Looks suspicious.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:07 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,600,995 times
Quote:
Yikes - politics in the UK is positively mundane in comparison to the clusterf*ck above.

The Tories and the Lib Dems were in a coalition government until 2015. The Lib Dems managed to reign in the Tories a bit so they couldn't go 'full Tory' and start implementing lots of nasty **** like cutting benefits for disabled people. That is no longer the case though, since the Lib Dems returned only 7 MPs in 2015. They messed up big time because they went back on their pledge to NOT increase tuition fees, and since many of their voters were students, they were completely destroyed.

In the UK, I'd love a Labour-Lib Dem coalition, and at this stage I'd be fine with a Labour-Lib Dem-SNP-Green-Plaid Cymru alliance just to get the Tories out of power. There has actually been talks of a 'progressive alliance' just to get rid of the Tories. At this stage it's all the other parties vs them. I yearn for the days of Tony Blair and 'social democracy' - he did some really amazing stuff for this country, the Iraq war aside.
Don't your Tories think they have divine right to rule?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather