Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2016, 07:08 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times

Advertisements

I think most people on here aren't that young. I'm 29, so is Dean and I think B87. FlamingGaah is in his 30s, Rozenn in his late 20s, nei I think is 29 or 30, Joe90 is 53 (?), Cambium in his 40s at a guess, snj90/ilmc90 26 if 90 is their birth year, CG is 44, ben86 is 30, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yeah, but in Europe Judaism is a religion and not an ethnicity.

BTW, I didn't know he was Jewish.

BTW 2, Now when P London is gone, is Infamous92 the only Black person on the weather forum?
Maybe we should introduce him to kronan and see what happens.

Old 10-02-2016, 07:32 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
Quote:
Rozenn, dhdh, forgotten username, Acajack: Baguettes
Hahaha. I'm lumped in with the French guys! I am quite far removed from France - about 400 years.

But it's true that I do like baguettes, and red wine, and soft stinky cheeses!

Though I wear a tuque as opposed to a béret when it's cold!

Old 10-02-2016, 07:34 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
Quote:
I consider myself a nationalist, but not in the exclusive form. All hard-working and nice people regardless of skin colour or religion are welcome, and hope they will too become nationalists. Always warms my heart when an immigrant athlete for example says that he/she will do the utmost to the country which has given him/her everything.
And as I've said before, being a true nationalist doesn't mean you accept everything your country says, but that you have the responsibility to criticise it if you think it does something for the worse.
That's a view I share as well.

Old 10-02-2016, 07:46 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,443,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritra View Post
Urania93: Posts a lot of pictures of beautiful mountains. I'm jealous.
I don't know if this can comfort you a little, but to have mountains so near to my house also means that in practice I live in the middle of nothing. I'm obliged to do a quite long commute journey even for going at the university for example, when I have to attempt some lab I usually leave home at 6:45 AM and I return back home around 8PM. During the winter I can't neither see the mountains in practice, because it is completely too dark when I leave and when I return back home too

Quote:
Urania93: some girl from Italy. ZZZZZZZ
... yes, somehow it is quite true. For the most of the people I know I'm a quite boring person, because I'm practically always at home or at the university studying for some exam and because I don't have many friends outside the university. Also, I spend the most of my free-time on my PC or reading books, which can seem quite boring too.

About my impression of the other users of the weather sub-forum, I really don't know what to write! I probably don't pass enough time on this sub-forum reading your posts, and so for a lot of you I don't have any concrete impression yet. Also, I'm really bad at remembering names, in fact on the other forums I usually recognize the other users more from their avatar than from their username. And, evidently, in here I can't use this method
So don't get offended if I don't write anything about some of you, it is just that I don't know you enough for writing something!

For example, I have probably read something from Saritra for the first time just a couple of days ago, and I haven't understood if he/she are a boy or a girl yet(*see spoiler*) (but instinctively I would say a girl, because of the username ending with "a"). Anyway, he/she seemed a nice person to me, and curious too.
Spoiler
(*with Italian language there are not this kind of problem instead. So that we use words genders a lot, we can deduce someone gender from things like verbs. For example "I went" becomes "sono andato" if you are a boy and "sono andata" if you are a girl).

About Ariete, it is practically impossible to don't notice you (probably I have this impression because I follow the Europe and the World forums too, and you write a lot in both those forums). To me he seems a little bit... ehm... moody maybe? Some of his posts are really ironic and funny, while others are really serious instead. Also, he has probably already noticed that sometimes I don't understand his jokes

About the other users, I easily remember forgotten username and mar89, probably because they don't live too far from my place. For me forgotten username in his posts shows a really interesting point of views, so that he lived in both France and Italy he often makes interesting comparisons. mar89 instead to me seems someone who knows Italian weather and climate really well. Apart from this, I can't say that I know much about him.

Then I surely remember Rozenn, in particular after he climbed the high mountain in from of my windows last summer! About that time, I also remember that he reached the summit of that mountain walking along a really long path. So, I imagine him as a lonely and super-athletic mountain hiker, that walked every single square meter of western Alps.

Also nei gives me the impression of someone who likes mountains a lot! Also, from his pictures I really notice the difference between the mountains in here and at his place, it is really interesting. Also, he seems to know weather and climate (in particular for the US) really well!

Now I should return to my books for studying, so I have time just for another impression: the first that comes in my mind is Cambium and his fantastic vegetable garden! The fact that he grows his own vegetables makes me think that he eats healthy food, but that he cares about the taste too! (Self-cultivated vegetables are usually much better than the ones you can buy!)

Old 10-02-2016, 08:16 AM

1,292 posts, read 1,043,506 times
Quote:
Uhm, you are aware that Finnish has 15 cases? Some of them are trivial and cannot be applicable to all words.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_grammar#Cases
Yes, I am aware. I just didn't mention it.

And Hungarian has 18

Old 10-02-2016, 08:19 AM

1,772 posts, read 1,504,913 times
RWood: old affluent man, probably a professor. Always precise and scruntinising in his posts.
Guajara: in his 20s, of Spanish ancestry and probably quite reserved. Prefers facts over opinion.
Jakobsli: middle aged man, happy with his life, approachable person.

Old 10-02-2016, 08:27 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,329,863 times
You can be both Jewish and Slavic, the two are not mutually exclusive

Old 10-02-2016, 08:36 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,011,702 times
How about me?

Old 10-02-2016, 08:38 AM

126 posts, read 88,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post

Maybe we should introduce him to kronan and see what happens.
Introduce me to Kronan and it will be a massive multi-day drinking and bbq party with Alex985 and Irlinit. Kronan kicks ass, tells it like it is, doesn't partake in this political correctness cancer. Teetotalers, PC thugs and homo vegetarians (i.e. yourself) can **** off. Life is meant to be fun.

Rwood: Crusty old bat that tries to defend his ****house cold and overcast climate against the truth spoken by ChesterNZ.

ChesterNZ: a realist that tells the truth about NZ's defective climate

Last edited by Beercoholism; 10-02-2016 at 08:49 AM..

Old 10-02-2016, 08:39 AM

1,772 posts, read 1,504,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackierudetsky View Post
How about me?
hardcore stoner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather