Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2016, 09:05 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,059,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Lol, Ariete is not nationalistic.
Well, he's pretty proud of and attached to Finland. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:08 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,715,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritra View Post
Average time between major earthquakes on that fault: 240 years.
Time since last earthquake: 316 years
Overdue: 76 years

I wouldn't be so comfortable. It's really quite unfortunate. Vancouver, Seattle, Victoria, Portland, etc. are all really cool cities and they will probably see major destruction in when that earthquake finally catches up to them.
The time period between large quakes is actually 300-500 years on average.... so it could be anytime. they've been saying LA is going to fall into the ocean any day now.. hasn't happened yet.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:11 PM

7,033 posts, read 4,958,943 times
alex985: cool dude in his mid 20s that doesn't fit in miami. we seem to get along pretty well.

Ethereal: middle aged guy from sydney that likes obama in a... different way. however great to talk to

tommyFL: likes to be a dick towards people

tom77falcons/deneb78: will **** their collective pants when it goes below 0°C

wawa1992: has a job involving statistics

EverBlack: cute girl who loves hugs

Shalop: descended from eskimos

muslim12: class clown type of guy

Ariete: funny, crazy finnish guy in his early 20s

Galaxyman: loud, obnoxious drunk that can actually have a proper conversation when you catch him sober

chicagogeorge: very proud of his city, seems nationalistic

noodleman556: chill guy, we agree on most things. think he's slavic as well

snj90: definitely a ukrainian nationalist

nei: the main moderator, never takes sides

wildcat15: has girl troubles like me

B87: loves to talk up london's climate, and gives lots of friendly banter about the cricket

ghost-likin: pretty much keeps the southern hemisphere thread alive, I enjoy his graphics

divisionbyzero0: smart guy but a little creepy

joe90: sounds like a 'cool uncle' type of guy. very, very laid back

dunno what to put here: very opinionated person

pretty surprised to see people call me laid back.. I always thought I was a stress bucket.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:28 PM

2,850 posts, read 1,972,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritra View Post
Somewhat related to this:
ought
though
plough
though
thorough
trough
enough
I'm glad English is my first language, because if I had to learn it as a second language I would probably jump off a bridge.
At least in American English it's plow instead of plough. And spelling draft draught like the British do seems weird as well.
I'd support larger-scale spelling reform if it ever got going. There were attempts around the turn of the 20th century but they failed to attract enough (or should it be enuf) followers.

Also, I see cambium as a middle-aged single man who has a boring middle class job and is close to his family. I don't know why except that he mentions family members sometimes.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:09 PM

2,197 posts, read 1,495,632 times
Tom77falcons: An insecure gay guy who loves to rant about how cold and unstable the us south is.

Cambium: 50 year old who is very knowledgeable about weather but completely ignorant about climate
Chicagogeorge: a middle age guy with lots of friends

Ariete: A fun guy in his 20s

Snj: A Ukrainian nationalist who is hyper-sensitive to ethnic topics and only posts things about people's ethinicity and politics.

Rozzenn: A rich, important middle age guy who gets lots of time off to vacation around France. Likes to hike a lot and is probably in good shape.

Nei: A hard-core biker who seems to always be traveling. Wonder what his job is.

Gordo: An overweight guy who is obsessed with rain

Shalop: A guy who tries to make himself seem cool by pretending to like -60. He's probably never experienced anything like that and has no idea what that climate would actually be like. Seems dumb to me.

Wildcat: Obese guy who desperately wants to find a girl but can't

Beercholism: Raging, drunken poor guy with nothing better to do.

Wawa: oddly obsessed with Honda accords

Joe90: Cool, laid-back guy.

Old 10-01-2016, 10:26 PM

126 posts, read 88,844 times
alex985: All round cool guy with the occasional rage attack against Miami. Would be fun to hang out with in real life and drink

jgtheone: Seems to be fairly chill, occasionally expressing unhappiness at his climate

Ethereal: Laid back, unpolarised, more pleasant since his new username

Wildcat15: Hates that thunderstorms die right in the ass like me, but his online persona doesn't get nearly pissed off enough about the fact

Ariete: Obsessed with the Finnish military and European politics

tommyFL: a snarky, prepubescent little dreg that somehow escaped the gene pool selection. ****ing lucky he's not my stepchild. Proof that even god gets drunk on the job occasionally

Everblack: sweet, likeable girl

Chicagogeorge: 4-season lover who is very passionate about Chicago and its climate.

Noodleman556: Chilled, tends to be in the background, neither here nor there.

Irlinit: All round cool guy who would be mad fun to drink and hang out with both online and in real life. Like Alex, he's the kind of guy you sit around the BBQ with drinking while talking **** about owenc and other things

Kronan: "Racist" beer lover. Not afraid to speak up for his beliefs

Rozenn: Probably the most level-headed guy on the forum

Ghost-likin: Should rename the Southern Hemisphere thread to "South America Thread"

Deneb78: Despite claiming to be a heat lover, has some rather odd preferences to climates, like climates with cold summers and frost free winters rather than somewhere that is hot half the year but has frost in winter

B87: Will take a bullet for London, will come down hard on anyone who dares think it is not warm, despite deep down not liking the climate himself

muslim12: Sometimes gets into slanging matches with FlamingGalah which are fun to read.

Dean York: Family man who hates his climate but rarely actually talks **** about it. Too mature to rage on a forum

FlamingGalah: Seems to either love or hate Malta

Joe90: The cool dad or uncle that lives life like the younger generation and can relate to them. I can see him heading down to the beach in board shorts and a surfboard with the teens and 20-somethings. None of that old fart martyr bull**** you often see from baby boomers

Divisionbyzero: Has a spreadsheet with everyone's addresses, place of employment, phone numbers, email addresses, dates of birth,, family history, and also the sunset and sunrises of every place in the Solar System

snj90: Used to post epic rage-filled rants about New Jersey and its climate, some truly hilarious ****. Unfortunately he's too calm nowadays and now expresses his hate in much more moderated form toward Russia

dunno: Elitist, greenie leftist, skinny jeans-wearing latte-sipping inner city hipster who thinks any other life form is inferior and not worth anything. He's so high up his high horse that the fire department had to get their extendable ladder trucks to get his self-righteous ass back to reality

tom77falcons: Hates the US climate, loves palms. Highly frustrated

Cambium: Wants subzero weather 24/7/365

Old 10-02-2016, 01:39 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,715,400 times
I do love heat but I am more of a snow/frost hater and a palm tree lover. That is more important to me than heat.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:15 AM

1,292 posts, read 1,044,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I do love heat but I am more of a snow/frost hater and a palm tree lover. That is more important to me than heat.
What do you think of Auckland? Frost is very rare, snow has only been recorded twice (1939 and 2011) and it was only very light flurries, and it has plenty of palm trees.

Old 10-02-2016, 04:38 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,412,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
G8RCAT had different weather preferences and was angry most of the time. LOL.

Bowling Green, KY averages more thunderstorm days than anywhere in NC.

One of my professors in college told me he liked how chill I am. I guess that comes through online.
Really?. No way it beats out Wilmington!

Old 10-02-2016, 04:40 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,412,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srfoskey View Post
Where'd you get that impression?
LOL, I was joking, just your name sounds russian.

Srfoskey: a student, most of the time reserved but not because he is shy. Also still a Russian communist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather