Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Choose
Tehran 24 60.00%
Minneapolis 16 40.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 05:59 PM

213 posts, read 175,190 times

Advertisements

The snow days must be wrong for Tehram, if it were in Japan it would still be correct for the temperatures.
I prefer Twin Cities, which goes against the majority. Northern Iran probably maintains almost all of its gardening during the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019, 06:11 PM

5,958 posts, read 2,875,868 times
I would take the Twin Citys in a heart beat over Tehran..I work outside[Hunting ,Fishing guide ].You can always put on more clothes to be warmer .You take off too Meany clothes to get cool you go to the slamer.

Old 05-18-2019, 08:39 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,377,272 times
Tehran

Old 05-18-2019, 09:30 PM

27 posts, read 20,096 times
Zero interest in the north-central region of the US. The whole area just seems to take the cold fronts right to the face. In Maryland, at least we got the mountains to soften the blow before we get hit.

I applied for jobs in Arizona, so Tehran is okay with me. Not ideal, but better than Minn.

Old 05-19-2019, 05:21 AM

376 posts, read 240,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitmanGFX View Post
Zero interest in the north-central region of the US. The whole area just seems to take the cold fronts right to the face. In Maryland, at least we got the mountains to soften the blow before we get hit.

I applied for jobs in Arizona, so Tehran is okay with me. Not ideal, but better than Minn.
I think its more your coastal position that lessens the severe cold because the Appalachian mtns aren't tall enough to have that much of an effect.

Old 05-19-2019, 12:31 PM

895 posts, read 603,647 times
Definitely Tehran for milder winters.

Old 05-19-2019, 09:03 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,811,816 times
Tehran is much closer to the climate I currently live in, however even despite that, Tehran is still colder than where I live, so that makes this an easy choice. Minneapolis being a frozen tundra has never appealed to me.

Old 05-19-2019, 09:18 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
I would take the Twin Citys in a heart beat over Tehran..I work outside[Hunting ,Fishing guide ].You can always put on more clothes to be warmer .You take off too Meany clothes to get cool you go to the slamer.
When I lived in the twin cities I had a friend that used to say that exact thing to me when i'd complain about the horiffic winters of MN and I never did agree, then or now. Tehran climate kicks MN's ass, but not many climates don't.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:43 AM

195 posts, read 195,307 times
I was curious if anyone did a climate battle involving Tehran. This is an interesting one. Both climates are kind of opposites in a way. Tehran has short but sometimes bitterly cold winters, and long hot Summers. Where as Minneapolis has short but sometimes scorching Summer, and long cold Winters. Tehran is on the drier side where as Minneapolis is more humid. It really comes down to personal preference. I'd probably pick Tehran. It get's hot in the Summer, but it's usually not humid. While winters can get quite cold, the cold spells usually don't last long. From Mid March to Late November it typical stays above freezing. So the shortness of the Winter works for me. I don't mind extreme cold as long as it doesn't last long. That's how it is in Tehran.

Old 08-22-2019, 11:45 AM

7,733 posts, read 6,457,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roanoke2 View Post
I was curious if anyone did a climate battle involving Tehran. This is an interesting one. Both climates are kind of opposites in a way. Tehran has short but sometimes bitterly cold winters, and long hot Summers. Where as Minneapolis has short but sometimes scorching Summer, and long cold Winters. Tehran is on the drier side where as Minneapolis is more humid. It really comes down to personal preference. I'd probably pick Tehran. It get's hot in the Summer, but it's usually not humid. While winters can get quite cold, the cold spells usually don't last long. From Mid March to Late November it typical stays above freezing. So the shortness of the Winter works for me. I don't mind extreme cold as long as it doesn't last long. That's how it is in Tehran.

I never understood people who said we have "short summers." How long exactly is a summer supposed to be to y'all??? Summer is 3 months here, as long as it should be. June-August. Plus, a few weeks in May and September can feel summery too. Do y'all expect summer to be 6 months to be "moderate length"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather