Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2023, 01:30 PM

2,831 posts, read 1,416,590 times

Advertisements

As much as I'd not like this climate to live in, I would give it an A for my Southeast US weather monitoring purposes.
The 300 day frost free season from February 21-December 19, the coldest temperature of the season being above normal, lots of record warm months that came with no dangerous backloads, and the amusing May backload that made May have a colder monthly minimum than April all meet my criteria for A level monitoring (and for Valdosta airport I have yet to experience good frost/coldest temperature monitoring, which really helps the rating).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2023, 07:34 AM

421 posts, read 222,978 times
Id say a D, way too stable (especially in summer) and the fact it's hot. At least the rain is good.

Old 04-22-2023, 06:27 PM

2,831 posts, read 1,416,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veshyvonny View Post
Id say a D, way too stable (especially in summer) and the fact it's hot. At least the rain is good.
Just wondering, what do you define as stable and unstable? The Southeast US as a whole is well discussed on here for the notoriously unstable (which for me is pretty damn fun to monitor) November-March weather, going from cool or cold weather to straight up hot weather, usually within a surprisingly short time that can be as little as <24 hours.

For Valdosta, 2015 cool season had similar instability to the 1991-2020 normals which are definitely within the unstable criteria: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valdosta,_Georgia#Climate
March was definitely less unstable than usual due to the monthly minimum 2.4C above usual, but all the rest fell within the usual range of hot to cool or cold weather. For example the cold -5C in January was just 5 days after the hot 26C, and the other -5C in February was followed a mere 2 days later by a nearly as hot 25C.

I will grant you though that the 2015 warm season was on the stable side, due to the lack extreme heat together with the lack of cooling off (especially in that all time record warm April that has a monthly minimum 0.4C warmer than the average low). If you're the kind of person who would need frequent cool downs from the hotter-than-a-tropical-rainforest heat of the Southeast US, you'd be out of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather