Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 05:50 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,733,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm sick to the back teeth of winter. In the UK, that is. Our climate sucks arse.
+100000

Just need to replace "UK" with "Paris". The 2 centimeters we got last night were all gone by the morning. After numerous light snow and sleet episodes, the layer is back tonight. About 30 hours of this mascarade only to get one freaking inch.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:57 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,418,823 times
You both need to come to Buxton. Seriously.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:30 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,589,687 times
It's made more annoying by the fact that many others have a really good snow pack due to having cloud all day or constant showers. We had blazing sun yesterday which did a good job of melting a lot of the snow. Remains around 3cm deep in front garden but patchy and icy. Yuck. Oh well, it's very cold.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:39 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
Im tired of the hot nights Not even a/c does it for me. I mean, i should have it on all night long for this crazy hot appartment to cool down a bit, but then i would have to go beg at the streets for moneny. Im gonna wait until my first electricity bill arrives (i got my a/c in mid november, so my first bill should be here soon) and see how expensive it is, until i live the a/c on all night long. For now, at night i only turn it on 3/4 hours before going to sleep and a bit while im on the pc/read in bed, and then turn it off just before getting asleep. The problem is that after i turn it on my appartment heats up real fast and when i wake up my appartment is an oven

oh well, summer
at least i can sleep now
this time last years i was putting ice cubes over my body so they melted while i got to sleep, lol, that was bad.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Back to reality (work tomorrow, school next week) after an awesome week in Canada. Bleh.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:57 AM

The forecast is simply unbelievable here, we must be in a very blocked weather pattern because the winds are pretty much east to west for the forseeable future with this stupid -8 degree frigid rubbish and snow being forecast for at least the next TWO WEEKS. If it was summer, this would be like getting 2 weeks of 35°C weather but of course that NEVER happens. This really is becoming another repeat of December 2010, I wonder why we are getting such severe cold snaps like this in winter so often in recent years, in addition to our new found subarctic wet and overcast frigid cold summers. I long for the return of Britain's climate from the early 90's to the mid 2000's which seems to have buggered off back in 2007 leaving us with anemic cold drizzly "summers" and this rubbish.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:34 AM

What a f@ggy lame BS start to 2013... just like 2012 again. Boring cloudy first week of January then another soon-to-be record siberian deep freeze with the typical ice wrecked sidewalks/pavements making the shortest of walks lethal. Heating bills enormous. Grrrr. Rrrrrrrrrr. Grrrr rrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr. We'll better have a blistering scorcher of a summer this year or on my daily weather rating system 2013 might end up scoring below 1 / 10 in total, another "record". This country is great if you love the cold, terrible if you want summers!

Old 01-17-2013, 06:36 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,000,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
The forecast is simply unbelievable here, we must be in a very blocked weather pattern because the winds are pretty much east to west for the forseeable future with this stupid -8 degree frigid rubbish and snow being forecast for at least the next TWO WEEKS.
Two weeks of -8C and snow? Sounds great (to me anyway), especially considering the weak winters you normally get.

Quote:
I wonder why we are getting such severe cold snaps like this in winter so often in recent years, in addition to our new found subarctic wet and overcast frigid cold summers. I long for the return of Britain's climate from the early 90's to the mid 2000's which seems to have buggered off back in 2007 leaving us with anemic cold drizzly "summers" and this rubbish.
That's how the climate change rolls, baby . Perhaps Reykjavik's description will eventually be transferred to the Wikipedia article on Buxton :

Quote:
Temperatures very rarely drop below −15 °C (5 °F) in the winter. This is because English coastal weather in winter is moderated by the warm waters of the Gulf Stream. The climate is subpolar oceanic (Koppen Cfc), and the city is on the northern edge of the temperate zone. The city's coastal location does make it prone to wind, however, and gales are common in winter. Summers are cool, with temperatures fluctuating between 10 to 15 °C (50 to 59 °F), sometimes exceeding 20 °C (68 °F).
Of course you know I'm just kidding. I do realize that this is the unhappy thread, and I had no intention of twisting the knife, so to speak.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
Two weeks of -8C and snow? Sounds great (to me anyway), especially considering the weak winters you normally get.
Well that's the problem, it is great to you. But imagine how much you would enjoy two weeks of 32°C and 25°C nights in summer. That is how bad this cold snap feels to me, if you get what I mean.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,000,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Well that's the problem, it is great to you. But imagine how much you would enjoy two weeks of 32°C and 25°C nights in summer. That is how bad this cold snap feels to me, if you get what I mean.
There are two facts here: I love it, and you hate it. We all have our differences and I try to make it clear that I speak for myself. That isn't a problem if you're tolerant of and curious about other points of view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather