Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 03:05 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,470,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
If you work with your hands or around machinery, I advise against wearing tungsten carbide, at least to the job site. Due to their construction, if you ever need one cut off, they must be cut in two places to remove it. There's no flexibility with tungsten as with a softer metal like gold.
All rings are supposed to be cut in two places to do it correctly.
The difference is that a soft metal can be done with a regular tungsten ring cutter; however, a tungsten ring will need a diamond carbide cutter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 12:57 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,654,552 times
I am still resisting attempts by my wonderful but misguided Husband to buy me an engagement ring ( 4 years after the engagement and two years after our Wedding) and I don't wear a Wedding ring though he does. I must admit I don't need a ring as a symbol of our Love to each other and I just wear my favourite "normal" ring most of the time.

I still don't really get what wedding rings are about. Surely Love is something very personal between two people, something which does not really need shiny baubles as a reminder ? It was important to Him when he got married to get one so He did. I didn't need or want one so I didn't.

If you really want a Wedding ring I would personally get something which means something to you, something more personal than the usual bands.

As for Weddings, all humans need the ritual of public celebrations but I would personally not spend vast sums of money on something which at the end of the day is only a day. I would prefer to spend the money on something a bit more lasting like a deposit on a house, paying off the mortgage or travelling but that is just me. Romance to me is about actions rather than things.

It is hard enough trying to convince Hubby that an engagement ring is a waste of money when we can travel instead though ! He is for some reason convinced that an engagement ring is part of the "package" of Marriage and Relationships. Sweet, Romantic and traditional but misguided IMO.

He chose a beautiful Silver with Rosewood inlay ( he has had a lot of compliments on them I must admit) and I must say I am impressed he has not lost it yet ! This is the man who struggles to keep an umbrella longer than a year ....

http://www.justind.co.uk/jewellery/wood-rings/wide-comfortable-wood-ring-r38-4mm (broken link)

Old 09-11-2011, 06:27 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,100,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npumcrisz View Post
l love both designs but 2 the highlighted statement: Don't you think it would nice to have matching rings. Instead of having tungsen 4 the male and something different 4 the female?
Nooo, why match the rings? Are you going to smack your fists together and shout "Wonder Twin Powers...Activate!"

There's no need to have them matching. Essentially you need to find a ring that you love for yourself, and find something that she will love to wear. You are going to be wearing it everyday, may as well get something you both love.

My rings don't match my husbands at all...nobody has ever questioned it.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:09 PM

783 posts, read 2,590,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I am still resisting attempts by my wonderful but misguided Husband to buy me an engagement ring ( 4 years after the engagement and two years after our Wedding) and I don't wear a Wedding ring though he does. I must admit I don't need a ring as a symbol of our Love to each other and I just wear my favourite "normal" ring most of the time.

I still don't really get what wedding rings are about. Surely Love is something very personal between two people, something which does not really need shiny baubles as a reminder ? It was important to Him when he got married to get one so He did. I didn't need or want one so I didn't.

If you really want a Wedding ring I would personally get something which means something to you, something more personal than the usual bands.

As for Weddings, all humans need the ritual of public celebrations but I would personally not spend vast sums of money on something which at the end of the day is only a day. I would prefer to spend the money on something a bit more lasting like a deposit on a house, paying off the mortgage or travelling but that is just me. Romance to me is about actions rather than things.

It is hard enough trying to convince Hubby that an engagement ring is a waste of money when we can travel instead though ! He is for some reason convinced that an engagement ring is part of the "package" of Marriage and Relationships. Sweet, Romantic and traditional but misguided IMO.

He chose a beautiful Silver with Rosewood inlay ( he has had a lot of compliments on them I must admit) and I must say I am impressed he has not lost it yet ! This is the man who struggles to keep an umbrella longer than a year ....

Wide comfortable wood ring-R38 4mm | contemporary jewellery (http://www.justind.co.uk/jewellery/wood-rings/wide-comfortable-wood-ring-r38-4mm - broken link)

He can't loose the ring because without you he is incomplete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings