Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 03:30 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,037,872 times

Advertisements

I wonder how rare I am...I've been invited by friends about 3 times now, but all those times I was away and could not attend. We've been invited as a family, but for some reason never made it. I'm 26...I don't feel I'm missing out or anything - heck I'm not sure yet whether I'll have a wedding myself - but I'm wondering if there's anyone 26 or over who's never been to a wedding as a guest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 03:32 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
I love weddings.
They are fun.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:16 AM

737 posts, read 1,148,490 times
Nothing better than a wedding. Greatest parties I've ever attended.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:33 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
I went to a few in my early 20s, hated all of them and refused invitations from then on. Broke my promise because my best friend bribed me to be one of her bridesmaids and ended up having a pretty terrible time. The brides brother rubbed it in my face that I was single and 'not getting any younger', then went on and on about how I might be a lesbian because of my career choice. Two of the groomsman ganged up on me and called me a fat cow and asked how it felt to 'ruin' the brides pictures because the other bridesmaids were all short and thin, and I ended up leaving not soon after the reception started.

There are a few people in my life that I would absolutely LOVE to attend their weddings if they ever get married, but I think I've just had bad luck so far. I don't plan on having a wedding if I ever do get married.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:36 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,160,204 times
I had a lot of older cousins, so I'd been to several weddings by that age; but I had a friend in college who was engaged and planing her own wedding and had never been to one. I can't imagine trying to do that!

Old 05-15-2012, 10:35 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
I'm the youngest of my cousins, and most of my friends are married, so I've been to dozens of weddings. Some people hate them, but I think they're fun. You get dressed up, you dance, you eat cake--I'm down with that.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:32 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,976,416 times
I've never been a part of a big family and my immediate family is not very social or well-networked. My family never took part in anything forml like that. I've only been to one wedding and that was when I was growing up, which wasn't a big posh one, but a small one in a small church. I haven't been to one since. And yes, I've always felt weird about it.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:37 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,976,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I went to a few in my early 20s, hated all of them and refused invitations from then on. Broke my promise because my best friend bribed me to be one of her bridesmaids and ended up having a pretty terrible time. The brides brother rubbed it in my face that I was single and 'not getting any younger', then went on and on about how I might be a lesbian because of my career choice. Two of the groomsman ganged up on me and called me a fat cow and asked how it felt to 'ruin' the brides pictures because the other bridesmaids were all short and thin, and I ended up leaving not soon after the reception started.

There are a few people in my life that I would absolutely LOVE to attend their weddings if they ever get married, but I think I've just had bad luck so far. I don't plan on having a wedding if I ever do get married.
That's no good what those people did to you. That's horrible. If anybody ruined any part of that wedding, it sounds like it was them. It's a shame that people pick on nervous or ackward people rather than give them a hand up by making them feel comfortable and a part of.

I was once in a 3-year relationship with a girl I truely loved and really wanted to be with, which ended unfortunately, but I was always very afraid of getting married and having a wedding, even though I like the idea of it.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:56 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I wonder how rare I am...I've been invited by friends about 3 times now, but all those times I was away and could not attend. We've been invited as a family, but for some reason never made it. I'm 26...I don't feel I'm missing out or anything - heck I'm not sure yet whether I'll have a wedding myself - but I'm wondering if there's anyone 26 or over who's never been to a wedding as a guest?
I am 43. The last wedding I was at was my own when I was 20! Just not many of those happening with the friends and family I know, I guess~

Old 05-15-2012, 08:33 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,423,821 times
Been to alot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings