Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 05:51 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times

Advertisements

I cannot imagine paying this "average" for a wedding. I wouldn't even want to spend that even if I had saved and budgeted that amount for it! I actually think I would be happy with just he and I and a preacher and that is it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 06:04 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
My three sisters spent $25,000, $10,000, and $900. The first being a D.C. wedding, the second was at Sandals in Jamaica, the third was in an alley in New Orleans and half the cost was to get a last minute officient and the other half was dinner for the five of us.
How is sandals ? I always see the commerical and wonder if they are legit

Old 08-13-2012, 06:29 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Decent. Very stress free for the bride which is what my sister wanted. They basically say "Choose from these flowers, choose from these foods, choose from these venues, and we'll do the rest."

As for the resort itself, the food is hit or miss and the drinks are watered down but the beach is nice, the breakfast buffet was fabulous, and the staff was hospitable and really tried to get everyone involved in various games and activities. But I do suggest venturing off the resort at least once to get some local cuisine.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:32 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,919 times
Quote:
Decent. Very stress free for the bride which is what my sister wanted. They basically say "Choose from these flowers, choose from these foods, choose from these venues, and we'll do the rest."

As for the resort itself, the food is hit or miss and the drinks are watered down but the beach is nice, the breakfast buffet was fabulous, and the staff was hospitable and really tried to get everyone involved in various games and activities. But I do suggest venturing off the resort at least once to get some local cuisine.
well thats great.. i thought it was like scam and you get there in a sh*t hotel in the middle of no where.. lol i want to go to Atlantis for my honey moon, if you have ever seen that commercial

Old 08-13-2012, 08:54 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
well thats great.. i thought it was like scam and you get there in a sh*t hotel in the middle of no where.. lol i want to go to Atlantis for my honey moon, if you have ever seen that commercial
The one in Nassau? Its nice. I haven't stayed at the hotel, but we did tour it and hang out at the pool while staying somewhere else. This was just a few weeks after they opened, and I just remember their lobby being gorgeous. I didn't think they were all inclusive like Sandals is though...

Old 08-14-2012, 02:44 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,273,106 times
Folks -

We really need to return to average cost of wedding as the topic - how 'bout someone starts a "where's the best wedding/honeymoon resort" thread? Gotta stay on topic - thanks -

Sam

Old 08-14-2012, 09:33 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Some people really do have that kind of money to burn. It's no different then people I know who have cars worth 300k+. What I will say is that the AVERAGE person shouldn't be spending that kind of money for a one day event.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Yea, it DOES look nice, but I heard the food is not so good and that the customer service is not go great. Go online and read the trip reports.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
But I do suggest venturing off the resort at least once to get some local cuisine.
Have you done that? I don't think that's so safe because many of these resorts are fenced in communities that are surrounded by poor areas.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:20 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Average couple spends $26,989 on wedding
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
And that's about 27K too much.
So where do we get our $11 refund?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings