Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 07:01 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times

Advertisements

So the bride chose the dress shop... right? And the dress shop is located in or near the town that she lives in and where the wedding is at? It seems to me that the bride or bride's family should help you file a small claims court action against the dress shop. And maybe the threat of that will help your cause. Right now, since you live so far away from her, she doesn't worry about giving you good customer service. Maybe the bride's family being local to her and visit the shop and rattle her cage. And how many other bridesmaids are there? The bride's family should be able to point out to the shop that by picking them to supply the bridesmaids dresses has given them a good sized order. Maybe the family can also threaten to sue the shop for spoiling the perfect of their wedding day since they've messed up your bridesmaid dress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 07:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,537 times
I am the owner of a bridal shop. (NOT THE ONE IN QUESTION LOL) First off- I NEVER take measurements over the phone because it could result in many issues, like the dress not fitting. If for some reason I do take the order over the phone I clearly explain to the customer that I am NOT responsible if the dress does not fit because the measurements were not done on site. Second- what I don't understand is how the dress could be so tight if it was only a size in difference. Most companies allow at least an inch at each and Evey seam so the dress could be let out. And as long as your not a plus size woman- the size grid is only usually an inch in difference from one size to the next. Our on- site seamstress has to take apart the seams regardless if its being let out or taken in so her cost is pretty much the same. Third, most companies all have different size charts so unless all the bridesmaid dresses (including your wedding gown) that you've had were all from the same company, they are not going to be all the same "size".
Last, if you knew that this gown was being ordered in a smaller size than you usually take, then why did you allow the shop to order it? Each and every customer of mine is measured and personally shown the chart and together we order the best suited size. The customer then MUST sign the invoice agreeing to the size that is ordered. And also that alterations are always needed for a perfect fit.

Bridesmaids dresses are made to order in a factory and it takes anywhere from 10-12 weeks. Bridal stores CANNOT return dresses to companies.

Personally- as the owner I would have simply ordered you another dress- and not charged you for the rush. My store is in a small town also and I would rather be out money then get the bad name. Also I would be professional enough as the owner to actually take your phone call and work out the situation with you.

Good luck!! EVERY bridal store deals with situations like this every day, its just unfortunate that the store you dealt with were too unprofessional to take charge of the situation

Old 04-18-2011, 12:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,281 times
my situation is a bit different my maid of honor and bridesmaid dropped out of my wedding and i have to figure out how i will fit them into the dresses i have which are to small for them. so i know how you feel , i don't know what to do and i want to cry

Old 04-18-2011, 04:13 AM

56 posts, read 127,640 times
I have not faced such critical situation yet. I don’t have anything to suggest for the dress but I feel that we should always have an additional dress for such occasions or should have enough time to arrange new one as we never know what would happen the next moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings