Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 04:56 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,218,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Your argument for more red light cameras appeals to emotion and unfortunately is not backed by logic or statistics. If a PROVEN method for making intersections safer for "the children" or "the elderly" were proposed, most would be all for it. However, traffic cameras have been proven over and over to be nothing more than a money racket that has no effect on safety. Take them all down.
It goes both ways......for I do agree with you that Traffic Cameras have proven to be a money racket...but my question to you is...how many red light summons does someone have to receive before the red light turns to a dollar sign...and the internal light bulb hidden somewhere in our brains...goes off as the driver starts to stop at red lights before going through it......up here in lovely NYC I believe it is $250 a light...talk about a rip off...

In Virginia...they have radar cameras set up at various locations......and remember...the use of radar detectors is prohibited in Virginia...so tell me...who do you know that does not drive 10 - 15 -20 MPH over the speed limit at one time or another......and of course...what happens in one state will eventually end up in another...NYC has applied for radar camera and it will be just a few months before they get them...and NYC's top speed limit is 50 MPH...what a $$$$$$ that will be...I've already bought a radar detector for it's inception...now if they only had a red light detector....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 07:59 AM

31 posts, read 144,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaHawkeye View Post
In deciding to wait - the time to pay the fine directly to the city/corporation expired. Palm Beach County now held the ticket. My lawyer said he does not touch these and recommended paying the ticket because no points are earned. This was confirmed when I paid the ticket but it would still be on my record.

So here are the choices

1. Pay the 150 fine ticket that is sent via the camera. There is no points and more importantly no record.
2. Let the ticket expire and go through palm beach and handle. If you contest the ticket you will need to hire a lawyer and pay him/her. The ticket price goes up another hundred.
The insurance company will charge this against you if it is your second minor violation within the last eighteen months. If you have a clean record that it won't effect your insurance but be aware that if you get another minor ticket in the next year and a half, your rates will change based on record.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:14 AM

492 posts, read 1,397,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty78 View Post
.NYC has applied for radar camera and it will be just a few months before they get them...and NYC's top speed limit is 50 MPH...what a $$$$$$ that will be...I've already bought a radar detector for it's inception...now if they only had a red light detector....
My Garmin Nuvi 1690 & the 1695 have red light detector sites

Old 10-22-2011, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,780 times
Default Red light at Donald Ross & E. Wilson-3 sec yellow light

The yellow light at Donald Ross Rd is 3 seconds although its 2 lanes with 45 m/p/hour traffice. Went thru yellow light which turned red at intersection. I was shocked as turned yellow and one only has a seocnd or 2 to hit brakes, burn tires,throw everyone forward, get rear ended or go through the yellow. So I got a Red Light ticket. So do I plead Not Guilty, which I did, then No Contest in Court--what does that mean as I already paid $89 as missed 30 day response because of hospital. If plead NO CONTEST, wht happens. Do I pay ticket costs of $254 and Court Costs or what? This is my first time and on social security so can't afford a lawyer or the ticket? Win Gravelin Oct 22, 2011

Old 10-24-2011, 10:33 AM

232 posts, read 773,542 times
In my experience - the best thing to do is to pay the ticket immediately - the fine is cheap and its with the city of Juno - not palm beach county. So its not on your record. Otherwise plan b is to fight the ticket - hire a lawyer - or pay through palm beach county at a hire price and having the ticket on your record which could hurt you if you have recent incidents.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:29 PM

2 posts, read 9,723 times
I think I read something about this on BocaNewsNow.com. Some towns are not enforcing the tickets until a judge rules on their legality. I may be wrong, but I think I saw something there.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,514 times
Studies have shown that putting cameras at stop lights actually INCREASES traffic accidents, because people are more apt to slam on the brakes and do other frantic, sudden and unsafe movements to avoid getting ticketed. This does not even cover the fact that other studies have overwhelmingly shown that reducing the duration of yellow lights ALSO increases the number of accidents. Any studies that dispute these facts are clearly fraudulent when you look into them. PBC, along with many other counties across the nation that are placing cameras, has reduced the duration of yellow lights to facilitate even more tickets being issued. SO, you have two factors here at these intersections, and both are bad for the people while good for the coffers of the local governments and the private corporations they are in bed with. Can you say fascism? This relatively minor issue is not minor at all, because it is one of many manifestations of the takeover we are undergoing, and all of those manifestations have one thing in common, that is an overriding attitude by the corporate/government structure that they make the rules, and that the people are sheep to be fleeced and herded by fear, and force if necessary. Go ahead and look up who is behind Arizona Traffic Solutions, the company that is placing the cameras. I myself will be getting a hearing date for one of these I recently received, and I will be making a big stink about all this. The people in political office are, across the board, more corrupt than they've ever been, and democracy has never been further from reality since this country was founded. WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Old 05-02-2012, 03:17 PM

1,108 posts, read 4,218,285 times
Default Read The Signs

My wife and I just got back from a trip from Juno Beach/Jupiter and every light that had a camera......also had a hugh sign 200' plus before the intersection warning you that this light is camera enforced......wow...how could you miss it......next everyone will want a sign Radar Cop ahead...slow down now or you will get a ticket...

Old 05-03-2012, 02:57 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
test

Old 05-03-2012, 04:42 PM

232 posts, read 773,542 times
I honestly don't have an issue with them. I have become more careful at all intersections. Not sure how it intrudes on people's rights...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach