Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,020 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will be relocating to Florida within the next year or two. We currently have relatives in Miami, so would prefer to be within a two our drive of Miami if possible to make frequent visits possible. I work in finance and my wife is an RN and we both hold advanced degrees in our specific fields. We have lived in the Massachusetts our entire lives and would prefer a small-town (10-15k residents) or at least a small-town feel. We are looking to be on a coast, although we have no strong preference yet as to Atlantic or Gulf. We have two very young children so our top priorities would be for great schools and a very safe and friendly community where parents are involved in activities, sports, etc. Also, we are used to schools where the average graduating class is between 150-250 students and would highly prefer to keep that size if possible. We'll likely be looking to spend $300-350k initially, although there will hopefully to opportunity to upgrade from there in the future if needed. My initial thoughts were perhaps a town near Naples, or Jupiter/Palm Beach Gardens, although I would love to hear everyone's thoughts and suggestions and I will provide further detail as needed. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 05:13 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Jupiter sounds like it would fit you guys just fine...One of DH's co workers commutes from Naples Area to Miami a few times a week it takes him about 2-2.5 hours

Old 03-19-2012, 05:37 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,400,402 times
Jupiter isn't 10-15k people but does have the smaller town feel. It's a little under 2 hours to Miami depending on traffic.
The Abacoa area is designed to have a small town with in a city feel and maybe of interest for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach