Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 06:14 AM

302 posts, read 499,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommac61g5b View Post
You all have me convinced I want to move to The Acreage, we are relocating to Boca area with our family of 8 and we need space, moving from a rural town outside Winston-Salem, NC our home is on one acre lot and we love it. But in trying to find out where The Acreage is I came across this Home - The Acreage Cancer Study
Anybody know more about this? They say "[SIZE=4]On February 1, 2010 the Florida Department of Health declared the Acreage a "Pediatric Cancer Cluster"."

[/SIZE]How scary is that for a Mom of 6 beautiful children.
If I remember correctly, that was proven false.

Boca is beautiful, but for me, expensive. The Acerage is wonderful for the land and country air and all. Yes, one BIG thing about Florida the the massive cultural diversity. Here in Palm Beach County there are people from all different backgrounds, ethnicities and such and more. There's no really saying it's good or it's bad. Yes, some of the people are lazy, but then so are some of those born and raised here. Seems to me it's that way in a lot of places and states across the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 07:01 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
4. Rush Limbaugh- convicted drug offender

You just failed to mention a few of the issues in rural, dirt road areas (which are common) and tried to call someone a racist/elitest because they pointed it out.........that I disagree with.
Wrong. He had no trial, he wasn't even prosecuted he had a deferred prosecution (NOT a deferred judgement) , which results in NO charges whatsoever, no "plea" even. And the "charge" was doctor shopping.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:10 PM

36 posts, read 93,321 times
Another place to consider if you don't want to go all the way to the Acreage of Loxahatchee is Square lake off Northlake in Palm Beach Gardens. You get an acre of land and it feels like country once you go back a few hundred yards from Northlake Boulevard. You can have horses in your yard and there are no HOA. It's also very close to the I95 exits and Military Trail

Old 08-16-2013, 12:30 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,320,875 times
OP has never replied to this thread.

The Abacoa development in Jupiter has some neighborhoods that look like New England. Cambridge, New Haven, Greenwich are some examples.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:16 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,142,805 times
Tallahassee doesnt feel like the rest of Florida, but thats a good thing.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:35 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhatLady View Post
Hello everyone.

I moved to Florida from Rhode Island right out of high school. The longer I live here, the more I miss New England. Unfortunately this is where the job is, so my husband and I are sadly resigned to the idea that {barring a mysterious benefactor leaving us a winning lotto ticket} we are trapped here for the long run.

My husband works in Boca, so we need to live in this area. We're also firmly in the middle class, so we don't have the money to throw towards a McMansion piece of property.

All that said, I need nature like I'm used to from growing up in New England. Lots of trees, quiet, private, safe - as opposed to half-dead palms, crowded complexes and bugs being the extent of the wildlife. Can anyone point me to an area to start house or apartment-hunting that doesn't feel like the typical over-developed, stagnant, plastic Florida I've grown to loathe over the last 15 years? It's a shot in the dark, I know, but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks!
Wow! What a burden! You put "Money" and "Careers" over your own happiness. Shall I break out into a chorus of "Don't cry for me Argentina"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach