Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2013, 09:33 PM

24 posts, read 42,204 times

Advertisements

Having renting and lived in Miami and Broward for 3 years, I am ready to purchase a home and settle down in a more peaceful area. The area I am interested are Palm Beach County and possibly south of Martin County. Would it be possible to buy a 3/2 home for $180K to 200k price range without HOA or town house in the area? I don’t mind paying a reasonable fee for lawn care but want to build a pottery studio and have a home business some day. I also don’t want to deal with some of the ridicules rule and regulation with HOA. Definitely don’t want a Condo. Things that is important to me:
Fireplace and yard are must have, pool would be nice to have and I can always add it some day.
I used to live in West Miramar, really liked the feel of the area. I am single, I don’t care about good school or night life, just somewhere that is more family oriented and safe, somewhere that I can go for a walk pretty much any time of the day, but not too remote, maybe 30 min drive to Costco and mall etc, 30 min to beach.
Have plenty of job opportunity, I looked at west coast(Bonita spring and Cape coral area) and leaning against it as it does not seem to have as many job opportunity in Finance analysis field.
Which area might be a good fit for me beside Wellington? Does such place exist in the price range of $180 k to 200k?
I am a first time home buyer and I would love to hear your input and suggestions on anything from insurance to tax. Thanks in advance!

Emily
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 07:31 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Jupiter Farms fits you budget/requirements.......zip code 33478. Acreage/Loxahatchee will also.....zip code 33470.

realtor.com/Zillow.com are two places to start looking

Old 08-13-2013, 09:47 AM

513 posts, read 961,904 times
I have an investment property in Old Northwood, 33407. Some have decent size yards and small cottages or au pair suites in the back. Most require 5-10k in renovations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach