Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2018, 07:37 PM

12 posts, read 11,749 times

Advertisements

15 years ago my husband purchased a 2 bedroom condo at The Cove in Briar Bay on North Jog Road (before we were dating or even married). The condo is now paid off in full.

I never thought I would ever consider moving away from Long Island, New York but when I found out the taxes are only about $3,000 a year and the monthly HOA only $300 a month my eyes widened. Our taxes here are $19,000 a year and we pay $3,000 a month for the mortgage, utilities, and HOA combined. So basically if we moved into this 2 bedroom condo we would seriously live like kings.

So what is the truth about this town, area, condo, neighborhood etc? What is life like for everyday Floridians in this area? I like that it is near to the beach (which is a must since we are from Long Island), but other than that I know nothing about the area.

Please no suggestions on other areas, or houses etc. The whole purpose is that we would live there for only $700 a month and travel the world and live like kings.

Is that area worth it? Would we be moving into a bum part of town? I know that Florida has high crime but what is the truth about this area?

Also, if any New Yorkers who have moved down there can use Long Island towns as examples I would appreciate the comparison. For example Hempstead/Uniondale/Roosevelt are AWEFUL, Hicksville/Bethpage/Levittown are average, Roslyn/Manhassseet/Dix Hills are upper class and Old Brookville/Oyster Bay Cove are $$$$$$$$$$.

Where does The Cove at Briar Bay fall into?

Thank you in advance to anyone/everyone who comments answers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach