Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 06:00 AM

179 posts, read 565,686 times

Advertisements

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, you were young and you can not determine what made you feel such fear at that young age, from a city, that you went even old enough to experience. I will say what you should do is come to Lake Worth for one of our Festivals, we have Reggee, Street Painting, Etc, Etc
enjoy our city as an adult, and then judge......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 07:41 AM

22 posts, read 53,632 times
Lake Worth is the coolest City in PBC. I lived downtown for 2 years and never had a problem. I love jogging around the hoods and over the bridge. I still go to the starbucks every Saturday morning

Old 05-18-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeroner View Post
Lake Worth is the coolest City in PBC. I lived downtown for 2 years and never had a problem. I love jogging around the hoods and over the bridge. I still go to the starbucks every Saturday morning

I understand, it definatly grows on ya

Old 05-19-2011, 12:30 AM

70 posts, read 176,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeroner View Post
If you're looking for the sleepy seaside town feel I think parts of Lake Worth & Lantana hit the spot pretty good.

I used to surf at Lake Worth Pier in the morning and the waves were as nice as you were going to find south of Juno beach.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:19 PM

2 posts, read 5,044 times
Red face Lake Worth

Lake Worth has gotten a very bad rap. The best thing for you to do,if possible ,is to actually look around in the town with a real estate agent.Find someone who actually lives here to drive you around. Lake Worth is very unique,to say the least.New Publix in the downtown area. Very gay friendly,very large artist population. Great public beach and golf course. Some very good neighborhoods and some not good,like everywhere.Very near to all that Palm Beach county has to offer.Home prices are a steal right now.The electric rates are high. We can only water one day a week.Good luck and hope to welcome you as a new homeowner here.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:54 PM

8 posts, read 21,448 times
Lake Worth is an old city that will celebrate its 100th birthday in 2013. Many of the houses sit on 25' lots. There are many nice sections here not just College Park. It is not a ghetto and it is not filled with undesirables. It is populated with working families with the largest percentage of folks between of 25 to 44. It is a great affordable place to live with a beach and a golfcourse situated on the Intracoastal Waterway.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbyone View Post
Lake Worth has gotten a very bad rap. The best thing for you to do,if possible ,is to actually look around in the town with a real estate agent.Find someone who actually lives here to drive you around. Lake Worth is very unique,to say the least.New Publix in the downtown area. Very gay friendly,very large artist population. Great public beach and golf course. Some very good neighborhoods and some not good,like everywhere.Very near to all that Palm Beach county has to offer.Home prices are a steal right now.The electric rates are high. We can only water one day a week.Good luck and hope to welcome you as a new homeowner here.
Bravo, Very True and welcome to "City" fellow Lake Worth resident!!!!

Old 05-28-2011, 07:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,856 times
I don't think you are qualified to write about Lake Worth, you haven't lived here since 1996. It's not a "ghetto." do you even know what a ghetto is? Look up ghettos in India... Those are ghettos. Anyway, lake worth is beautiful, crime is low, real-estate is cheap, it's on the beach. There are low income families, as in any city. But you can walk around at night, no problems. I love it here, real people!!!

Old 05-28-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelynn View Post
I don't think you are qualified to write about Lake Worth, you haven't lived here since 1996. It's not a "ghetto." do you even know what a ghetto is? Look up ghettos in India... Those are ghettos. Anyway, lake worth is beautiful, crime is low, real-estate is cheap, it's on the beach. There are low income families, as in any city. But you can walk around at night, no problems. I love it here, real people!!!

Yeah Team!!!!!!! A town with Character

Old 05-12-2012, 10:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,444 times
Affirmative, especially around 6th ave south and Dixie Hwy, I believe its topped the list in violent crimes over the last several years. Its like stepping into mexico with loitering and drinking, and loud music. I live here, and do not go out of my house at night...Its not safe. The population is exploding because I dont believe that they use any form of birth control, and you frequently see the mothers with 3,4 even 5 kids. I hate to see the crime rate over the next few years as these kids get older, if they take any cue from their parents its gonna be a whole new generation of drunks and drug addicts...just sayin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach