Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 05:31 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Broken Sound is a lot more laid back than Royal Palm.
There is more too in Broken Sound as well...Big Difference Royal Palm doesnt have the Fee's that Broken Sound does...Royal Palm doesnt have equity and it isnt gated...I happen to LOVE our friends house and those homes are beautiful...the Property Tax my friend said will be more in Royal Palm because of the location to the water..I would do a comparision to both...Broken Sound is a country club and is very social...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 06:55 AM

7 posts, read 24,386 times
Are Broken Sound and Royal Palm Yacht two of the best neighborhoods in Boca? Any others that I should consider?

Old 05-12-2010, 07:21 AM

There are ALOT of great neighborhoods..it depends on the ages of your kids, what kind of development are you looking for?

so let me ask you, what kind of neighborhood are u looking for?

there is Seasons which is beautiful here in Central boca, Woodfield Country Club but If your happily married I wouldnt move there..there is the Polo club but I think that might be too Old for what u are looking for...

You would probably LOVE Boca Grove. thats Central boca..and the schools we are zoned for..I know a few people in there as well...beautiful...
Boca Bath and Tennis
Mediterrania is also beautiful..Central Boca On Powerline...
St Andrews Country Club on Yamato..also same schools as we attend where I live..Central boca
Les Jardins Ive heard good things about as well..one of the swimmers live there...also Central Boca
Newport Bay club is very nice...My friend plays tennis there...Also Central Boca
Stonebridge is also very nice but not sure which schools they attend...its off 441 in Boca across from Saturnia Isles..
Woodfield Hunt Club: also very very nice Central Boca...across from Spanish River HS..one of the best in Boca

I hope this helps...

good luck

Last edited by Swimmom32; 05-12-2010 at 07:34 AM..

Old 05-12-2010, 01:08 PM

Thank you Swimmom--Woodfield Hunt Club looks great, and doesn't appear to have any club membership requirement-just a modest HOA fee. What about the neighborhood "The Oaks". It appears that every house in that neighborhood is a Short Sale.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell444 View Post
Thank you Swimmom--Woodfield Hunt Club looks great, and doesn't appear to have any club membership requirement-just a modest HOA fee. What about the neighborhood "The Oaks". It appears that every house in that neighborhood is a Short Sale.
the Oaks is interesting...alot of chinese drywall one of the swim moms lives in a house that has it very bad situation...Very Snooty is all I can say

Woodfield hunt club doesnt have the country club so there is no Equity involved or club fees or restaurant fees...my son has a friend in there they love it...Seasons is also nice but I think Woodfield Hunt club is nicer and friendlier..

Thats the problem with the country club developments awesome for socializing however expensive in all the fees they charge...

Old 05-12-2010, 02:30 PM

71 posts, read 213,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
There is more too in Broken Sound as well...Big Difference Royal Palm doesnt have the Fee's that Broken Sound does...Royal Palm doesnt have equity and it isnt gated...I happen to LOVE our friends house and those homes are beautiful...the Property Tax my friend said will be more in Royal Palm because of the location to the water..I would do a comparision to both...Broken Sound is a country club and is very social...
Royal Palm isn't gated?

Old 05-12-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyorker94 View Post
Royal Palm isn't gated?
nope...we couldnt believe the 1st time we went to my friends house..I said to her we never drove in here to look at the homes because we thought it was gated..and she kept saying "we arent gated" u can drive right in...

Old 05-12-2010, 07:10 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,211,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell444 View Post
Are Broken Sound and Royal Palm Yacht two of the best neighborhoods in Boca? Any others that I should consider?
My favorites are Broken Sound, Les Jardins, The Oaks, and Woodfield/Woodfield Hunt. You really cant go wrong with any place in Boca, you just need to find where you fit best socially.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:29 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,828,718 times
So much depends on the price you want to spend on a home and for the equity/hoa if in a country club. Some people though are not country club people regardless of expense. If you are I think St Andrews and Woodfield Country Club are the nicest. Since you were asking about that yacht club community were you interested in a home on the water or having a boat? Or no you just liked the community? I agree with JHG and finding what fits you socially. Some definitely give me mixed feelings but that is for Boca in general. Hopefully you can tour some of the communities and get a feel for what you like as everyone is so different.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:44 AM

Royal Palm looks to be the neighborhood for me. So many beautiful old tall palm trees! A lot of individual character in the neighborhood. Looks like a great place to raise a family!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach