Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2010, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,060 times

Advertisements

I'm so tired of people turning on their flashers when driving in heavy rain, at the same speed as everyone else. It is distracting, creates confusing glares, and makes you look like an idiot. What's the point? Can we not see your tail lights and headlights already? Do these people not see each other like the rest of us do? There are proper times to use your flashers like to warn others of a situational hazard ie, going slower than the minimun speed limit, stopped completely, accident ahead that might require an unexpected slowdown that drivers behind you may not see yet but, to be driving in the
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 07:41 AM

232 posts, read 773,700 times
But don't you tend to go slower in a heavier rain? Don't you have unexpected slow downs? I never seem to be able to go the speed limit in a heavy rain just due to traffic.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:42 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,654,812 times
Pet peeve of mine too. I think it's a southern thing. I'm in NC now and the people here do it as well. It is very annoying and distracting.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:04 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,596,944 times
I believe it's illegal in Florida to do this, but like everything else, using your indicators to change lanes which no-one does, it's not enforced.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:16 PM

141 posts, read 453,807 times
Everyone in florida should apply rainx to their windshields. It repels water, you can drive in the heavy rain without even putting on your wipers. You can buy it almost anywhere for cheap. Check out the reviews on amazon and watch videos of it on youtube....it really works and anyone who lives in fl should really consider it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach