Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 09:24 AM

445 posts, read 1,810,424 times

Advertisements

So we have been visiting in Florida for a week, we came focused on Wellington, and I am not sold. Then was leaning toward Jupiter..which we do like, hut its expensive, to live there. I have stated before our business is there, and he travels everyother week to Florida from texas.
I guess my point is, I am not eold on florida..we are native so. californians, and Texas was a welcoming change..but I can't gen say Florida is even like home..it is different. it seems like parts are either really nice or just ghetto.
I liked versailles in Wellington, Olympia is a no, I saw quite a few hoodlum looking teen ages in and outside of there...

also went thru the isles if Wellington, nice but can I tell you, for spring break I saw no kids,little ones, outside...at anytime?
when we were in Jupiter I die see more people out in general...so anyone please help out..give me some good reasons to move to Florida...if you have them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 09:35 AM

492 posts, read 1,397,962 times
Check out a little piece of Heaven, Hobe Sound
Hobe Sound, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-19-2011, 09:56 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Craven that will be difficult to do..lol Meaning that what we love or like about florida you Might Not..When we moved to West Boca when we first moved down here, I couldn't believe NO KIDS were ever outside it was like Non Existent Well our neighbors told us "its too hot the kids don't go outside" then ALL THE kids went to sleep away Camp for the summer..lol now we had friends in other developments in different areas and it was the same as here so I knew it wasn't just Boca..I wish I can tell you why but I can't I just know our kids made friends in school and that is who they hang with..we met some nice people who live in Wellington Isles of Wellington actually and they too said very rare do you see kids playing outside alot of times they are in their backyards in the pool etc...I think if Your "Sold" you still might not like it so to speak....For us it felt/feels like home and this is where we belong but if someone had to sell me on a place I don't think Id be too happy but again on the flip side of that you might come to find that you like it giving it some time...Remember too Living in the "right' Development or Area will also determine whether or not you are happy....Good Luck with whatever and where ever you decide on....

Old 03-19-2011, 10:11 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,839,196 times
My daughter lives in Isles of Wellington and in the very hot months, kids are not out in the heat of the day. But at dusk, it comes alive. During Christmas and cooler months, I see tons of kids playing and riding stuff. And during spring break, perhaps many families traveled.

Old 03-19-2011, 01:12 PM

24 posts, read 70,006 times
Please read my other posts about Lakeview Estates. Then come take a look. The reason you are not seeing kids outside this week is most likely because it's Spring Break and many families are out of town - Disney, Sea World etc. Plus,
as I've said before, when it's hot out, kids will be in the pools. Then as the sun goes down in the evening you will see more kids playing outside and more people out strolling around. This is very very true of our neighborhood. In addition to our neighborhood, you may want to look in Canyon Lakes, Journey's End and perhaps parts of Lake Charleston.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:34 PM

239 posts, read 474,235 times
I think you either love it (we do) or you don't. You're not going to get SOLD on it.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:36 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
What sort of price range in Jupiter are you looking at? There are many many good options under 300k. No, it's not going to be as much as you can get in Wellington, but it's closer to a lot of what makes living in Florida worth it.

For what it's worth, I have two co-workers (young professionals, one with a baby) who live in Olympia and they haven't given any horror stories.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:46 PM

Thanks...its not that I hated it, I think it just means putting our family back into a life that we left behind us in California, to give them more of a 'grounded' life. So being away from the bustle, traffic, diversity, rude people(from what I saw) and bad drivers, it was a little bit of a shocked, that's all.
As for Olympia, it just looked very compact, very close together and you can see areas where people aren't really taking pride in their houses, assuming that they are actual homeowners, I don't know.
Jupiter maybe a better fit for us, but we will be doing lotsa research and really putting our pros and cons down on paper...when I left California, I said oh weather isn't everything, but after a year in Texas, and a cold winter you, it definitely felt awesome to feel the sun!

Old 03-20-2011, 07:30 AM

2 posts, read 4,864 times
Trust me, and you know this already. You get what you pay for in life. There is a reason why Jupiter costs what it does.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:09 AM

You are right on, I have read it over and over again...cheaper is not always better, usually the opposite..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach