Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:45 AM

17 posts, read 38,852 times

Advertisements

Thank to all of you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 10:01 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strictly professional View Post
Honestly its not the fact of being in a ghetto bc as many know PR right is awful in crime, but just knowing that the houses here in the states are not all cement and I know for a fact that if there's a drive by or something a bullet can easily go through a wall is like kinda overwhelming, I know that I may go to extreme thinking of this but after you live in a small island and having it closed with 997 murders in a yr you kinda always get up in the morning and thank your even alive! But anyway, Well right now 900 would be ok for a 2br at least to have time and look at the surroundings and buy a new car, bc I would be using public transportation in the meanwhile! Hope some1 can help!!! And thanks for the post!!
Check out apartments in "The Villages" section of West Palm Beach. Complexes such as "Reflections."

Also, if you can spring for $950/month for a two bedroom, definitely check out the "Gardens East" complex in Palm Beach Gardens... excellent safe location, walkableto the supermarket, etc., and really close to Northlake Blvd.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:50 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,898,497 times
I agree with TriMT7. Gardens East in Palm Beach Gardens should be your number 1 phone call if you can possibly fit their rent into your budget. If not, and you can find get good reports from users of public transportation going from from "The Villages" section to the Northlake area where you will work, definitely call all the complexes there (there are quite a few). Come back and ask for reviews of the apartments you have found as possibilties. Palm Beach Gardens is really nice. The Villages is a step or two down from there, but is still very safe. Some complexes in the Villages are closer to shopping than others. You can use mapquest to estimate distances. Relax. Most of WPB is a very safe and comfortable place to live. You biggest challenges will be using public transportation and finding a vacant apartment in your price range.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:55 PM

492 posts, read 1,398,214 times
Here's a sit that show you crime by location, I have it set for 33418 which is the Gardens.
Search CrimeReports.com

Larry - Palm Beach Gardens

Old 05-15-2011, 06:49 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,898,497 times
The first time someone send me one of these crime statistics sites, I really freaked out until I started reading the individaul reports and realizing that the crimes marked with an A for assault combine all types of assaults from domestic dispute verbal threats to assults with a deadly weapon. These sites are useful if you take the time to read the individual reports.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:32 AM

17 posts, read 38,852 times
I've noticed that many places I put in google maps to see the distance in public transportation say that they don't have that in their route!!!! But thank you to all for the advice. I will be updating soon with apt that I have called!

Old 05-16-2011, 09:23 AM

22 posts, read 53,673 times
OP - here this might scare you LOL

YouTube - Gangsta Killers Top 6 Gang Pt. 1

Serious though it is not dangerous in West Palm Beach unless you actually drive into the bad parts which they're easy to avoid -- Even if you do drive through nothing will happen unless you start something yourself. There are plenty more good hoods then the bad ones in the actual city limits of west palm.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:15 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeroner View Post
OP - here this might scare you LOL

Serious though it is not dangerous in West Palm Beach unless you actually drive into the bad parts which they're easy to avoid -- Even if you do drive through nothing will happen unless you start something yourself. There are plenty more good hoods then the bad ones in the actual city limits of west palm.

LOL, when I was firs tmoving to WPB I saw those videos and got really freaked out.... then I realized I don't associate with that crowd, don't ever go into those parts of town, and that crime in WPB is equal to and often lower than many many other popular cities per capita (such as Atlanta, Houston, Tallahassee, Dallas, Nashville, etc.), even WITH its bad part of town.

The creator of those videos is a self-promoter making big bucks selling that stuff to people who glorify their hard lives on the streets.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:11 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,941,803 times
Good gawd...If someone's making a decision to relocate based on some bootleg "thug life" video, then they have bigger issues to deal with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach