Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 11:06 PM

25 posts, read 187,236 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what everyone thinks about Jupiter/Tequesta, Florida. Those who live there & those who have visited. The pro's and con's. To clarify, I live in the area but am curious to know what others think about this area (the good & the bad) since I have some family interested in moving there and they want a lot of opinions (outside of just the family).

Last edited by Moonlight4; 08-04-2007 at 12:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 11:08 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,903,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight4 View Post
Just wondering what everyone thinks about Jupiter/Tequesta, Florida. Those who live there & those who have visited. The pro's and con's.
Very nice. Clean, suburban, has some super nice planned developments like Abacoa. Schools are probably the best in the entire Tri-County area. Crime isn't incredibly low, but it's still pretty damn safe. All and all, one of the nicest in South Florida. To tell you the truth, the only con is expense. If you can afford it, go for it.

For similarly nice communities, check out Palm Beach Gardens (has a little more shopping/etc, but sacrifice schools if you need that) and Wellington, which is a little further inland, but also very nice.

Old 08-04-2007, 09:05 PM

Hi. If anyone has any input on this area that would be great. I do not live there but not too far so don't confuse my first post as being that I live there and want to know what people think. I have family that are looking to move to that area and all opinions are appreciated.

Old 08-04-2007, 09:06 PM

Thank you for disregarding my opinion .

Old 08-04-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Thank you for disregarding my opinion .
Um.. how did I disregard your opinion? I am looking for many opinions, not just one. I read your opinion and appreciate it, so please take a chill pill. I was trying to clarify my post because I wasn't getting a lot of responses and I thought maybe it was because people thought I LIVE right in the area. Wow...

Old 08-04-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight4 View Post
Um.. how did I disregard your opinion? I am looking for many opinions, not just one. I read your opinion and appreciate it, so please take a chill pill.
Sorry to be so rough. Not a good day.

Another issue as to why you are not receiving any replies is because questions have been asked about Jupiter and Tequesta several times in the past few weeks. I recommending doing a forum search for your family .

Old 08-04-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
Sorry to be so rough. Not a good day.

Another issue as to why you are not receiving any replies is because questions have been asked about Jupiter and Tequesta several times in the past few weeks. I recommending doing a forum search for your family .
Okay, It's no problem. I understand. I did do a search but there weren't too many opinions about this area (just a few) and I was hoping for a lot of them because I know that area is a popular place.

Last edited by Moonlight4; 08-04-2007 at 09:51 PM..

Old 08-05-2007, 06:25 AM

458 posts, read 598,843 times
We lived in Jupiter for 3 years and loved it. Great beach with easy access and free parking, you can take your dog if you like.

Jupiter Farms is great, 6 miles west, 1.25-2.5 acre lots. A little construction traffic going on to get into town though. And you have fancy new homes and 30 year old little places side by side.

Tequesta has more older people, but still a great area for families as it is close to other towns. If you like watersports, there are several bodies of water to choose from.

Palm Beach Gardens is great. Choose your lifestyle, country to the west, country club to the east.

All have solid schools and pretty low crime rates.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:41 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Pros:

Close to excellent (world class, actually) shopping and dining (The Gardens mall and downtown at the Gardens is like, 10 minutes away).

Beautiful beaches, watersports, kayaking, canoeing

As JimKing listed above, LOTS of godo housing options: apartments, condos, townhome communities, single family homes, estate homes, waterfront properties, acreage, horse communities...

Excellent schools

Very CLEAN city

Lots of parks, including public "skate parks" for the kids, etc.

Short drive to Downtown West Palm Beach or Downtown Palm Beach Gardens for more lively nightlife. Abacoa town center IN Jupiter has semi-to weekly events, such as free concerts, car shows, etc. Also short drive (10 minutes) to Rapids Waterpark for the kids.

Short drive to the airport

Cons:

More pricey than other places in Palm Beach County (but actually on par with cost of living in the other nicer areas of PBC)

Materialistic expectations (if you get caught up in it or let it get to you. A LOT of that, however, will depend on where exactly you end up living).

A lot of people in PBC call Jupiter "Mayberry," or "Stepford" often in a derogatory way.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:54 AM

895 posts, read 4,249,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Pros:

Close to excellent (world class, actually) shopping and dining (The Gardens mall and downtown at the Gardens is like, 10 minutes away).

Beautiful beaches, watersports, kayaking, canoeing

As JimKing listed above, LOTS of godo housing options: apartments, condos, townhome communities, single family homes, estate homes, waterfront properties, acreage, horse communities...

Excellent schools

Very CLEAN city

Lots of parks, including public "skate parks" for the kids, etc.

Short drive to Downtown West Palm Beach or Downtown Palm Beach Gardens for more lively nightlife. Abacoa town center IN Jupiter has semi-to weekly events, such as free concerts, car shows, etc. Also short drive (10 minutes) to Rapids Waterpark for the kids.

Short drive to the airport

Cons:

More pricey than other places in Palm Beach County (but actually on par with cost of living in the other nicer areas of PBC)

Materialistic expectations (if you get caught up in it or let it get to you. A LOT of that, however, will depend on where exactly you end up living).

A lot of people in PBC call Jupiter "Mayberry," or "Stepford" often in a derogatory way.
Would have to say "Ditto" but also add:
1. Small feel community -- once you get to know people - you will see them everywhere! And it can be nice! The same goes for places you shop -- once people got to know you - start to have a repoire.

2. Don't agree with the "Mayberry"/"Stepford" comment, although some might say that, and I think it refers more to Abacoa and some of the newer communities which are very perfect feeling.

3. Many retired people, especially during the winter, who tend to be unfriendly towards people with children, especially in "family friendly" (Haha) restaurants.

4. Preschools in the area are not so great but elementary school are pretty decent and there's lots of options for private schools, too.

5. Jupiter Medical Center is nice and a great place to have a baby or a small procedure, for everything else - head to St. Mary's in WPB.

6. Lots of cultural ethnicity in West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami which are short drives away.

If your family is moving to the area, then this is a great place for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach