Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 01:26 PM

5 posts, read 8,128 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Me and a very good friend of mine have been planning to move to south Florida for quite some time now but he could never get enough money saved up to make it happen (I had mine). Within the past 48 hours he has come up with the money (yes, legally! lol) and we are ready to move. The timing is perfect because I need to be out of my house within a week. With that said, we have run into a problem. We're looking into apartments and jobs but it's not very easy finding one without the other. We've only been looking for a few days but I'm sure most good jobs will want to have an in-person interview and drug screening so we would need to be there for that but the apartments we've looked at so far want to see pay stubs or letters of intent from our Florida job which we obviously don't have yet.

The question is, are there places we could move that wouldn't require Florida pay stubs if we paid 2 months rent in advance? Are there any other suggestions on how we could make this work? Again, we are pressed for time and need to start driving down no later than Monday night June 27th. We are driving from Delaware and we were hoping to live near Boca Raton, maybe Deerfield Beach or somewhere like that. Any advise is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 02:55 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
how much are u looking to spend?

Old 06-21-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
how much are u looking to spend?
For rent? We should be able to afford around $1000 a month, maybe a little more.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:59 PM

249 posts, read 883,106 times
Maybe you could stay in a motel until you get on your feet and have all of your ducks ina row.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC49 View Post
Maybe you could stay in a motel until you get on your feet and have all of your ducks ina row.
The problem with that is we don't have a lot of extra money to spend on a motel. We have enough for 2 months rent and other bills and a little extra but that's it.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:23 PM

Well if I may, neither one of you have jobs and only have 2 months rent...I hope you understand that the Economy is not that great..It is quiet risky to move here with 2 months rent...it will be really tough to find a rental here in boca for 1000.00

My son cant even get a job at Mcdonald's right now..he is 16 and was actively looking and there are just no Jobs for those that even want to work..although it does depend on what you do for a living...Maybe try living closer to Miami and you can find work? Just a suggestion...

Good Luck!!

Old 06-21-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Well if I may, neither one of you have jobs and only have 2 months rent...I hope you understand that the Economy is not that great..It is quiet risky to move here with 2 months rent...it will be really tough to find a rental here in boca for 1000.00

My son cant even get a job at Mcdonald's right now..he is 16 and was actively looking and there are just no Jobs for those that even want to work..although it does depend on what you do for a living...Maybe try living closer to Miami and you can find work? Just a suggestion...

Good Luck!!
We weren't looking at moving to Boca but near there. From what I understand Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach, Fort Lauderdale and other places are good options as well and they are significantly cheaper than Boca.

As far as careers go, I'm a web developer but we were planning on getting a job as waiters to start because it seems as though it pays a decent wage and is fairly easy to get started. Also, my brother who lives in Boca Raton may be able to get us a job as a waiter so hopefully we'll be fine as far as that goes.

The issue is, even if that goes as planned, we still won't be able to get an apartment lined up before we get there if they need pay stubs from our Florida job. Is there any way around that?

Old 06-21-2011, 08:42 PM

1st I would think there would be plenty of Web Development work even if you did it on your own so to speak...The Waiters yes they make alot of money here in the fine restaurants...Alot of the apt complexes do not require pay stubs although they do require place of employment...

Old 06-21-2011, 08:48 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,245,419 times
Smile Options

Why don't you stay with your brother or use his address while you are trying to find work?

Old 06-22-2011, 02:13 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,828,718 times
You may be able find a private owner of a condo to rent to you. Especially off season where they know it may sit for awhile. That would give you a few months to find a permanent place and have a job. Many though will require 1st,last,security.
I am not a fan of moving without a job and very little savings. I have moved a lot and you would be amazed and the unexpected things that come up that cost $. Are you leaving jobs now? If so I would really reconsider. Also though you may be able to find a rental off season easier finding a job will be much harder. They cut hours I have heard for the current employess even.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach