Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 02:14 PM

623 posts, read 1,303,436 times

Advertisements

Thoughts on this area? Bit pricey but looks SO nice. Does any one know about how many homes are in Millpond?

thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 07:49 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Millpond is beautiful one of our favorite Sub divisions...our daughter and our son has friends in there and if you are looking there, Id also Check Colonnade as we have friends and my daughters best friend and my sons best friends live in there as well...

Old 09-02-2011, 07:42 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,056,580 times
If you are looking to save a few bucks but want to stay in the area, look at Timbercreek directly south of Millpond. Similar era construction, same builder (Arvida). Be sure to do a bug inspection (specifically termites) and watch out for ficus root issues. Both communities are full of ficus trees that have extremely destructive roots. A 30 ft ficus tree can easily destroy underground plumbing (sewer pipes), crack foundations/driveways/pool decks etc) and when a hurricane blows through they fall down easily.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:08 AM

623 posts, read 1,303,436 times
thanks city guy will look into timbercreed? if any one lives there or nearby and can comment PM me or post and thanks1!!

Old 09-03-2011, 12:53 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,245,419 times
Smile Millpond in Boca Raton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKIRAV View Post
Thoughts on this area? Bit pricey but looks SO nice. Does any one know about how many homes are in Millpond?

thanks all!
Hi Sakirav - I have lived in Millpond for 22 years now - yikes, it does not seem that long! I can tell you anything you need to know.

There are a total of 306 homes and within Millpond, there is "Timbercreek North" and "Millpond North" legal. The homes in Millpond North sit on larger lots and are generally larger.

Timbercreek itself was built in 1978 and then Millpond was started in 1980. Both neighborhoods are family friendly and were Arvida communities. The school systems are very good - Calusa Elementary, Omni Middle, Spanish River High. Some also send their children to Don Estridge instead of Omni if they can get it. Also, there are a lot of private schools as well.

You can e-mail me for more information. The whole area from Glades north to Yamato from Powerline Road east to Military Trail used to be known as the Golden Triangle years and years ago - there are no gas stations, no retail stores, all residential except for a church and school on St. Andrews Boulevard.

Obviously, I love the area. Neighbors know each other and I'm always reminded of when I looked at my first home in there - the realtor asked me what was important and I said I wanted to be in a friendly area where people knew each other. She looked at me and said - Oh, why, would you want that? (Fortunately, we did not find anything with her!)

Old 04-30-2012, 07:08 PM

4 posts, read 10,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Hi Sakirav - I have lived in Millpond for 22 years now - yikes, it does not seem that long! I can tell you anything you need to know.

There are a total of 306 homes and within Millpond, there is "Timbercreek North" and "Millpond North" legal. The homes in Millpond North sit on larger lots and are generally larger.

Timbercreek itself was built in 1978 and then Millpond was started in 1980. Both neighborhoods are family friendly and were Arvida communities. The school systems are very good - Calusa Elementary, Omni Middle, Spanish River High. Some also send their children to Don Estridge instead of Omni if they can get it. Also, there are a lot of private schools as well.

You can e-mail me for more information. The whole area from Glades north to Yamato from Powerline Road east to Military Trail used to be known as the Golden Triangle years and years ago - there are no gas stations, no retail stores, all residential except for a church and school on St. Andrews Boulevard.

Obviously, I love the area. Neighbors know each other and I'm always reminded of when I looked at my first home in there - the realtor asked me what was important and I said I wanted to be in a friendly area where people knew each other. She looked at me and said - Oh, why, would you want that? (Fortunately, we did not find anything with her!)

Hi there Bette...we are seriously looking at a home in millpond...not sure if you are still active on this forum? would love to ask some questions if you are open to it? Thanks in advance!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach