Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 03:42 AM

44 posts, read 83,903 times

Advertisements

I have done my research about all different area's and neighborhoods, and from all the beautiful Cities, I have decided prefferably on Deerfield Beach, and or Delray. I am leaning more towards Deerfield Beach, because of its proximity to Ft. Lauderdale, and being more centrally located for my needs. I am desperately seeking informative advice, suggestions, and help on choosing safe area's to buy a single family home, or Townhouse community that is dog friendly, and has low HOA Fee's. I dont have to worry about children in school, or zoning in which schools are the best, and dont have to worry about traveling to and from work, because i can find work in any health facility. I am on a budget and am currently concerned about the current trend and future trend of the economy, so I want to be very conservative, and stay on budget which my MAX is about 150,000. Please , all info and specific streets of locations, and sections within Deerfield Beach, and Delray would be greatly appreciated, as I search for a safe community. I have already been informed that West Deerfield, and West Delray is safe, but also very much a senior citizen area, so am looking for something in between. I am 43 yrs old, and I like seniors, children , all age types, just want to be able to take a early morning jog or walk, or nightime jog or walk, and return home safely without being mugged, or observing a drive by shooting, lol. Thank You to all that respond
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 02:49 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,401,837 times
Are you looking for something newer?
Do you have the time/patience for a short sale?
I think you'll find you have more to choose from in Delray than you will in Deerfield, especially if you want to stay further East.
There are 4 or 5 nice foreclosed townhomes just West of 95 in Delray that allow pets and have reasonable HOA's in your price range.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:50 PM

6,885 posts, read 11,249,758 times
Smile Deerfield

Look at DeerCreek - some townhomes there!

Old 09-15-2011, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
Are you looking for something newer?
Do you have the time/patience for a short sale?
I think you'll find you have more to choose from in Delray than you will in Deerfield, especially if you want to stay further East.
There are 4 or 5 nice foreclosed townhomes just West of 95 in Delray that allow pets and have reasonable HOA's in your price range.
What are the advantages or disadvantages moving further East, and the same with moving further West of 95. The Townhomes that are for sale that are dog friendly, where are they located in what specific area. Thank You, I definitely can take advantage of the time and patience for a short sale, or foreclosure, and I dont care if home is 2 years old, or 22 years old, as long as I like it

Old 09-15-2011, 08:24 PM

25 posts, read 78,895 times
Check out Green Cay Village just north of Delray in Boynton.Jog rd. at flavor pict rd.
4 year old town homes from 125,000.very safe place to walk and jog as i do all winter.Close to green cay nature center and most of the residents are young 25-45 range.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davep59 View Post
Check out Green Cay Village just north of Delray in Boynton.Jog rd. at flavor pict rd.
4 year old town homes from 125,000.very safe place to walk and jog as i do all winter.Close to green cay nature center and most of the residents are young 25-45 range.
Thank You, kindly for your suggestion, will check it out. I am flying down to Florida for 3-4 weeks for the month of November to search and investigate all area's that are suggested, so as, hopefully I can purchase home at that time. Was hoping if you dont mind, if you can suggest and recommend any other locations, that would be of interest to me, so this way I will have a few locations to start to monitor, until I get down there. Thank You Very Much, all info is greatly appreciated

Old 09-16-2011, 07:16 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,701,283 times
things u need to decide while you're here:

do u want broward county? (Deerfield Beach) or palm beach county? (Delray beach)

Are u older or younger? because Delray is definitely for older, not completely, but definitely more geared toward it. With that being said, delray does have an absolutely fabulous down-town area. Absolutely FABULOUS. Deerfield doesn't have as nice as a town down as delray.

Deerfield is a bit closer to fort lauderdale than delray.

I think both have equally nice beaches, so it's a tie there.

Deerfield beach might be a smadge more crowded than delray.
Both towns boarder boca raton, so u cant go wrong with that.

Aesthetically, I would say delray may be a bit more pleasing to the eye. Historic Delray off swinton Ave is so nice. It's different than all the cookie cutter stucco homes u see all over south fla. So nice. Gorgeous houses, upkept nice.

Deerfield may be a little more affordable though.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
things u need to decide while you're here:

do u want broward county? (Deerfield Beach) or palm beach county? (Delray beach)

Are u older or younger? because Delray is definitely for older, not completely, but definitely more geared toward it. With that being said, delray does have an absolutely fabulous down-town area. Absolutely FABULOUS. Deerfield doesn't have as nice as a town down as delray.

Deerfield is a bit closer to fort lauderdale than delray.

I think both have equally nice beaches, so it's a tie there.

Deerfield beach might be a smadge more crowded than delray.
Both towns boarder boca raton, so u cant go wrong with that.

Aesthetically, I would say delray may be a bit more pleasing to the eye. Historic Delray off swinton Ave is so nice. It's different than all the cookie cutter stucco homes u see all over south fla. So nice. Gorgeous houses, upkept nice.

Deerfield may be a little more affordable though.
It really doesn't matter to me whether it be Broward or Palm Beach County, as long as I am able to purchase a home in a safe area within my budget. I am 43 years old, and enjoy seeing, and living with people of all ages, and thought Deerfield Beach would be centrally located and within driving distance to some fun towns, such as Ft. Lauderdale, Delray, and Boca. But all depends on finding affordable house in safe area of Deerfield Beach or Delray, and do hope you can help me out with some specific locations, because will be coming down there for a month in November, at which time want to concentrate on buying a home. Thank You for your info

Old 09-18-2011, 05:39 AM

134 posts, read 282,857 times
In addition to what has already been said, I advise you to check out the following websites for demographic information and real estate listings:

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search
http://www.pbcgov.com/papa/index.htm

Don’t forget to check out taxes, insurance, etc., too. If you buy in an unincorporated area you might have lower taxes, and if you buy way east, your insurance (i.e. windstorm) will be higher. If you have an exact address, you can view previous assessments, etc. on the "papa" web site.... There is probably a comparable site for Broward County.

Regarding the Green Cay advice, Bethesda Hospital is building a new hospital not too far from Green Cay, so you may like that….

Good luck!

Last edited by Yac; 11-08-2011 at 04:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach