Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2011, 10:59 AM

3 posts, read 17,777 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend just got a new job in Jupiter that starts in January and we are beginning the apartment hunt now. Any experience you all have regarding good places to live that are within a 20 minute drive of Jupiter would be greatly appreciated.

Is it reasonable to expect to find a pet friendly 2BR (or 1BR) apt in a gated location for less than $1000? I will not be able to move with her right away until I find a new job, so a safer area would be nice.

We aren't looking to buy a house or anything yet. Just want to rent something relatively close to her new job.

Is Jupiter a fun place for late 20s professionals? I am from Gainesville and don't know much about south florida.

I appreciate your time and helping this north floridian out. I'm open to all suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 11:28 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,408,016 times
Fiore, san matera, and legacy should have 1/1s for around 1000. There's plenty to do in the Jupiter/Gardens area for young professionals. I'm one myself and really enjoy the area.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:30 PM

41 posts, read 143,844 times
Lots of great options for what you seek. Vintage and Floresta are alternative options...

Old 11-20-2011, 04:41 PM

3 posts, read 17,777 times
Thanks for the quick feedback. We were driving through the area today and saw legacy place, Fiore, san marera, and some places in abacoa. Think we liked legacy place the best so far. We will check out Vintage and Floresta in 2 weeks when we are back.

What is the traffic on PGA blvd like in the mornings going west? Manageable?

Also, what is the crime like in this area especially in the places near PGA blvd?

We are pretty excited about all of this and appreciate your help so much.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:51 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,408,016 times
Vintage and Floresta aren't gated, but are in nice areas where a gate really isn't a concern.
I lived in Legacy for a year and enjoyed it. I found it to be plenty secure and the ability to walk to the shops/restaurants at Legacy were great. There is a train on the West side of the neighborhood so try and find a unit on the East side if possible.
Traffic shouldn't be too bad, but the stop lights will slow her down.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:13 AM

41 posts, read 143,844 times
Yes, as mentioned gates aren't really necessary... Honestly, I find that the gate is a fake sense of security for many. It really only stops the people from soliciting and dropping coupons/flyers at your door. Frankly, I'm fine with that. Worst case, I just have to pick the stuff up off my door and throw it away... Whatever...

On that note, never take home security lightly as things will happen, no matter where you are.

As for traffic, typically in the mornings it will migrate towards I95, and in the afternoons, away. So, if you're looking in the Gardens Mall area, you'll see a bit, but I feel like you see more in the afternoon. Its manageable, but definitely noticeable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach