Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 08:28 AM

15 posts, read 29,330 times

Advertisements

My son (23 and single) was just transferred to the Riviera Beach office for his company. From reading earlier posts, regarding crime, it looks like he will not want to live near his office. I would appreciate any suggestions as to where would be a safe, but fun, young area for him to look for an apartment. He is looking for a 1 bedroom and his budget is $1,000 - 1,200, but could go a little higher for the right place. He likes the beach but I'm not sure he can afford anything there. He would prefer not have have a commute longer than 30 mins.
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 11:24 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
He can find an apartment in tons of good areas for that money. If he wants to be near the beach, he can find a place on Singer Island and/or Palm Beach Shores in that price range.

Examples: STEPS TO BEACH!! Unfurnished Large One Bedroom Apartment

Best Price Two Bedroom Great location

Otherwise, he can live in nice complexes in Palm Beach Gardens, such as San Matera or Legacy Place, or downtown West Palm Beach in one of the luxury highrises, such as the Montecito, Whitney or Prado.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:08 PM

584 posts, read 1,688,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
He can find an apartment in tons of good areas for that money. If he wants to be near the beach, he can find a place on Singer Island and/or Palm Beach Shores in that price range.

Examples: STEPS TO BEACH!! Unfurnished Large One Bedroom Apartment

Best Price Two Bedroom Great location

Otherwise, he can live in nice complexes in Palm Beach Gardens, such as San Matera or Legacy Place, or downtown West Palm Beach in one of the luxury highrises, such as the Montecito, Whitney or Prado.
Short but very informative !

Old 10-10-2012, 06:44 AM

Thank you for your replies. From what I have read it seems the City Place high rises might be a good fit...would he be able to afford a 1 bedroom in one of those buildings?

Old 10-14-2012, 12:03 AM

Default narrowed it down to two buildings...advice please

My son has narrowed his search down to two buildings, the Prado and 610 Clematis. As far as location of 610 Clematis, will it be noisy due to it's proximity to the railroad tracks and also being right on Clematis? Any other pros or cons for either of the buildings?
Thank you!!

Old 10-14-2012, 06:18 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,661,722 times
I think he should focus on the areas above Northlake on the eastern/beach side of A1.
It's still close to the beach and work but is safer.

Can you visit? The area you inquire about is an area they try to keep nice, but stray a few blocks out in any direction, and things change. Specifically the requirement you have for "safe" is limited to a few blocks.

Lake Park, N. Singer, Juno or Jupiter I think would be more desirable than the City Place area. Abacoa has weekly events like regular antique car shows, baseball and other cool stuff, plus, it has a 'downtown' area that appeals nightlife/younger people. Check that out if you can.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcdfl View Post
My son has narrowed his search down to two buildings, the Prado and 610 Clematis. As far as location of 610 Clematis, will it be noisy due to it's proximity to the railroad tracks and also being right on Clematis? Any other pros or cons for either of the buildings?
Thank you!!

Neither location should be noisy due to train noise. Prado has another building immediately in front of it, City Palms, which will act as a sound barrier. I have friends that used to live in 610 and I don't recall any train noise. As far as street celebration, live music noise, etc.... 610 will probably be slightly more noisy if he lives facing that street. There are a couple of venues on the 500 block, such as O'Sheas or Respectables that often have street parties or live music, and some street festivals, such as Halloween's Moonfest can be downright crazy (as 80k people cram down one street!)

Both Prado and 610 Clematis are in good locations for their proximity to both Clematis and City Place. If he wants a semi-urban lifestyle commutable to a Riviera Beach job, downtown West Palm is the only place that will give him that feel.

610 may be more accessible to the trolley... but they expanded the routes just this year so Prado may now also have a nearby stop that will do the downtown loop and make getting around easier (and make getting home if he goes out, safer than driving).

Old 10-14-2012, 08:33 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,661,722 times
West Palm Beach's city area is not like you would think of a urban city area in other places. It's urban, but not "city". I cant see where you are from, but you need to visit to see what you are investing in. There are cool little blocks, but you really have to walk the streets to get a feel. One thing FL excels in is air traffic. If your Son will require plane travel to visit you, WPB is probably the best airport in country. Really, FL got this right.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:28 PM

Thanks for the info. Thunderkat59, we are from Florida...my son is moving from Miami and we live in Tampa so we are quite familiar with life in FL. West Palm is a central location for him. His office will be in Riviera Beach however his work route will be south of that area, so I don't think he wants to live any further north.
TriMT7, thanks for the specifics on the two buildings, very helpful. Seems like he should be fine with either one.
Appreciate the great info

Old 10-15-2012, 08:20 AM

The Post actually had a write up about 610 Clematis this past weekend:

http://ads.coxnewsweb.com/PBP/pdf/fl...2012-10-13.pdf

Also, if your son is still looking, he can take a look at units at the Strand, which is off of Evernia, near the Ampitheater. Lots of rentals in that building, I believe they have a dedicated leasing office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach