Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 12:30 PM

34 posts, read 62,725 times

Advertisements

Can I get some insight on safety in the area of Lake Ida Rd. west of I-95 in Delray Beach?
Also, where exactly are the boundaries of the Pineapple Grove area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 04:30 PM

17,314 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Pineapple Grove is east of Swinton, south of Lake Ida Rd.

Both are about the same as far as safety. West of LI rd is loaded with Haitians now but a lot of east Delray has been a predominantly black area for decades (E Delray meaning east of I95 but west of Swinton).

Old 03-31-2013, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,779 times
West of I95 on/near Lake Ida ... is having multiple break-ins in one particular community. Break-ins in broad daylight. And quick.

Pineapple Grove runs mainly from Atlantic Ave. north to 4th St (LI becomes 4th as one goes north). Mostly commercial ... and a nice area.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:31 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,814 times
OPINION ONLY!

Anything east of Jog Rd. is questionable.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
OPINION ONLY!

Really? Someone better tell actor Kevin James that he wasted 16mm on his new home in east Delray!

Lake Ida is nice, anything east of US1 is big money. Not sure about your east of Jog theory....

Old 04-04-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Really? Someone better tell actor Kevin James that he wasted 16mm on his new home in east Delray!
Totally unnecessary to point that out. Only a moron doesn't know that the way east side is all million dollar stuff. Get real, you want to live between Haverhill and Jog?

Quote:
Lake Ida is nice, anything east of US1 is big money. Not sure about your east of Jog theory....
For how much longer. Most folks don't want to be moving every five years. I'm convinced by your post and some of the others you have made here, that you are totally clueless.

BTW: I see that you are ashamed to tell us where you are located. Is it mommy's basement?

Old 04-04-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Totally unnecessary to point that out. Only a moron doesn't know that the way east side is all million dollar stuff. Get real, you want to live between Haverhill and Jog?

For how much longer. Most folks don't want to be moving every five years. I'm convinced by your post and some of the others you have made here, that you are totally clueless.

BTW: I see that you are ashamed to tell us where you are located. Is it mommy's basement?
Lake Ida has been strong for 25 years+, most of the waterfront stuff has been 750k plus for 10+ years.

Haven't seen too many basements in Florida but I was smart enough to steer clear of the 1.25 acre dream homes on dirt roads!

Old 04-04-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
OPINION ONLY!

Just to clarify, parts of the Polo Club, Foxe Chase, Andover, that DiVosta Community, Del-Aire CC are all east of Jog, all are even east of Military (except Polo) and are all fine communities....most have million dollar homes.....DiVosta community being the exception.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Lake Ida has been strong for 25 years+, most of the waterfront stuff has been 750k plus for 10+ years.

Haven't seen too many basements in Florida but I was smart enough to steer clear of the 1.25 acre dream homes on dirt roads!
I'm really glad that you would never be my neighbor.

I'm also very happy in my 3,300 sq ft. paid for house.

Stick to your nym 'city guy', you deserve to live in the city.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I'm really glad that you would never be my neighbor.

I'm also very happy in my 3,300 sq ft. paid for house.

Stick to your nym 'city guy', you deserve to live in the city.

Greg,

Don't be mad, you just got called out on your "nothing east of Jog" comment. I like east Delray and in reference to the thread I was just a couple hundred feet from the Pineapple Grove district a few days ago looking at a great house my buddy just bought.

Acreage/Loxahatchee is fine for some folks. I don't care for it and no, I will never be your neighbor. I don't care for the traffic, the well water, the dirt roads, the wood stick frame houses etc. But I will say, at some of those prices listed out there you might be able to make a few bucks on rentals. You can now buy (2) three bedroom houses for what the lots used to sell for 7-8 years back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach