Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 06:46 AM

3 posts, read 3,509 times

Advertisements

Why are there so many resales already in this community?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 10:32 AM

17,314 posts, read 22,056,580 times
realtor.com shows 14.....it is a big neighborhood and 14 seems reasonable.

Short answer, early buyers can sell for good profits so time to take the money and run!

Old 09-09-2015, 10:52 AM

72 posts, read 227,138 times
I know the reasons for 2 of them. One was a divorce and the other one couldn't sell their old home, so they put the new one in Bayhill up for sale.

Old 08-29-2016, 04:30 AM

1 posts, read 647 times
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]This post is both an affirmation and validation of commentsand observations made by both Mr. City Guy997S and Mr. UFGators. First as towho I am, I am an 18 year resident of Bayhill who was fortunate enough to builda new custom home when Bayhill was an affordable community. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I happen to be a CPA who is also a senior financial analyst.My decision to sign a building contract in Bayhill 19 years ago was solely basedupon measured, well researched, real estate value analysis. Since I have stuck itout as long as I have in Bayhill, my net return on total equity invested will be 78 percent after living in my home 21 years of living in my home.(I intend on selling my home next year plus one additional year to net a salestransaction). My analysis includes all sunk building costs, land improvements, specialassessments, structural and interior improvements, incremental finance cost, but less accumulative property taxes. I deleted property taxes from my analysis mainly because I am a“house person”, and I would have paid property taxes no matter where I chose tolive in Palm Beach[/SIZE][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][SIZE=3]County[/SIZE][SIZE=3]. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]My point is 78 percent ROE divided by 21 years of homeownership works out to be an average of 3.72 percent annual return which isslightly above the national average for homeownership of 2.5 to 3.0 percent. Myobservation regarding the new GL homes is that all of their homes are in factover priced by anywhere’s from $125k to $200k. The aforementioned“buyers dysfunctional appraisal phenomenon" is NOT a mistake, it is veryreal and regardless of the future development on Northlake Blvd, Bayhill willnever be a multi-million dollar community today, tomorrow, or 50 years fromtomorrow. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Mr. City Guy’s well targeted comments are exactly on point; Bayhill’slocation it is way too far west of I-95 and the projected real estates development,that is the sales price range of the new homes, is scheduled to be between 350K to 700K to effectively competewith the homes in the Acreage, both cited realities are significant detriments to the futurereal estate values in Bayhill. Anyone today who spends more than 850K on any home in Bayhill will inevitably lose money in both the short and long term prospectivelyespecially applying a ROE type analysis and not your typical buy/sell analysis whichis a return after collecting the net proceeds after a sales transaction. I planon building a custom home as the general contractor in Jupiter, so that Icontrol 100 percent all aspects of the design and construction decisions provided I can finda decent building lot at a bargain basement price somewhere east of I-95. I hopemy post is helpful to any perspective Bayhill buyer. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 09-03-2016, 04:38 PM

537 posts, read 1,448,689 times
^ formatting fail

Old 10-17-2016, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 535 times
We are empty nesters with dogs. Does this community sound like a fit for us. I would appreciate any feedback.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:35 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,400,402 times
If you need a big yard for your dogs this is a nice community but it is further West and the homes are fairly larger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach