Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 11:46 AM

5 posts, read 17,354 times

Advertisements

Please Help!!! I'm living in an extended stay hotel but I desperately want to move into a home/apt. The problem is I have been evicted in the past, my financial situation is much better and I will definitely be able to afford the rent. The problem is when landlords here eviction they don't want to hear anything else. What I need is some in the Palm Beach Gardens area who is willing to rent to someone who has been evicted in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 03:07 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,447,199 times
I've got nothing - but best of luck.
With everyone moving down here from the NE.. you are in a very tough position.
What is your budget and where is your job?

Old 01-21-2015, 03:53 PM

I can do about $1400/mnth for rent. I'm a move consultant for Two Men and A Truck

Old 01-22-2015, 06:01 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,843,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phardwick View Post
I can do about $1400/mnth for rent. I'm a move consultant for Two Men and A Truck
Have you just tried apartment complexes like AMLI@Ibis on Northlake? (I used to live there) It is within you price range, a nice place and they are a company with units all over the country and lawyers so may be less "worried" about things unlike a single home owner/landlord trying desperately to protect themselves from a potentially bad situation...

Old 01-22-2015, 06:02 AM

293 posts, read 500,067 times
as a landlord of multiple units I would have concerns about someone with your past history but I would consider them. Here is what would make someone want to rent to you. Normally it is required 1st months rent, last months rent plus 1 month security deposit. So total of 3 months rent. You may have to offer someone to pay last 2 months in advance bringing your total to 4 months rent. be upfront with landlord, tell them your past history and let them know things are better for you now financially and you are willing to put up las2 months rent as a show of good faith. The landlord is now offered protection from any future eviction where they will not lose money should you default

Old 01-23-2015, 10:54 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,447,199 times
Have you checked out roommates.com or any other roommate websites?

Old 02-04-2015, 06:54 PM

@BVG_Steve I have thought of doing that. I just wasn't sure it would make a difference. Thanks for the advice.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:56 PM

@cfbs2691... No, I haven't checked out roommates.com. I have kids so I can't do the roommate thing.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordyLordy View Post
Have you just tried apartment complexes like AMLI@Ibis on Northlake? (I used to live there) It is within you price range, a nice place and they are a company with units all over the country and lawyers so may be less "worried" about things unlike a single home owner/landlord trying desperately to protect themselves from a potentially bad situation...
No, I have never checked out Ibis...Never thought I would qualify. Thanx I'll look into it.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,105 times
Unhappy Stressed out renter

Hello were you able to find a place to rent? I'm in the same position and I just relocated to the area. If anyone have any idea where I can find an apartment or landlord willing to give someone with past eviction a chance please let me know. Thanks in advance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach