Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2015, 07:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,621 times

Advertisements

Hi all!
My boyfriend and I will be relocating to south Florida next year and we are looking for some helpful information as far as where to live and where not to live. He works in the mental health field and will be relocating for his job. I work for a company where I can easily transfer in between locations so jobs aren't an issue. We have been looking into the West Palm Beach area mostly but we are okay with being anywhere between WPB and Fort Lauderdale. We plan to rent for a year or two before buying a house. We don't have kids (yet). Main things we would like to know:

Where to live between WPB and Fort Lauderdale that'll meet our lifestyle needs. I'm 24 he's 28. Kid free. Dog parents. Would like to find a nice apartment below $1500 a month for a one bedroom. In an area where we could meet people closer to our age and make friends. We are not party people at all but we are beach people.
Also, I'm in school still for my psych degree. I will be going into the same field as boyfriend and will need to find a decent community college and eventually a good university or state college to finish my bachelors so recommendations are welcome.

I've lived in the Baltimore area my whole life so I'm very unaware of what it's like to live in FL. Boyfriend lived in Florida on the gulf side for a period of his childhood and his parents still live there.
Thanks in advance for the advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 06:25 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rw1129 View Post
Hi all!
My boyfriend and I will be relocating to south Florida next year and we are looking for some helpful information as far as where to live and where not to live. He works in the mental health field and will be relocating for his job. I work for a company where I can easily transfer in between locations so jobs aren't an issue. We have been looking into the West Palm Beach area mostly but we are okay with being anywhere between WPB and Fort Lauderdale. We plan to rent for a year or two before buying a house. We don't have kids (yet). Main things we would like to know:

Where to live between WPB and Fort Lauderdale that'll meet our lifestyle needs. I'm 24 he's 28. Kid free. Dog parents. Would like to find a nice apartment below $1500 a month for a one bedroom. In an area where we could meet people closer to our age and make friends. We are not party people at all but we are beach people.
Also, I'm in school still for my psych degree. I will be going into the same field as boyfriend and will need to find a decent community college and eventually a good university or state college to finish my bachelors so recommendations are welcome.

I've lived in the Baltimore area my whole life so I'm very unaware of what it's like to live in FL. Boyfriend lived in Florida on the gulf side for a period of his childhood and his parents still live there.
Thanks in advance for the advice!

Downtown West Palm Beach and Delray Beach.

There's Florida Atlantic University (public) in Boca that you can finish your degree.

Old 05-09-2015, 07:32 AM

2,747 posts, read 3,318,947 times
Good luck in your move- if you are Baltimore Ravens/Orioles fans in South Florida there is a meet up group for Ravens games in Ft Lauderdale and Juno Beach if you want to meet other people from MD-also if you went to the Univ of Maryland there is an alumni group for Terps in South Florida if you are interested (just google it)

https://www.facebook.com/floridaflock

Old 01-16-2017, 10:43 PM

174 posts, read 207,407 times
East florida is too violent. West florida is less violent.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:56 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamika929 View Post
East florida is too violent. West florida is less violent.
Guess you've never compared crime stats between, say Fort Myers and West Palm Beach. (Hint: West Palm Beach actually is lower, by quite a lot).

Even a big city like Fort Lauderdale, which you would expect to have more crime, has the same crime rate as Sarasota.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:00 PM

174 posts, read 207,407 times
Oh.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:07 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,452,988 times
$1500 will get you an average 1 bedroom in an ok area.
(Not bad.. but nothing fancy.)

Old 01-20-2017, 02:24 PM

623 posts, read 966,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
$1500 will get you an average 1 bedroom in an ok area.
(Not bad.. but nothing fancy.)
It will be about 1000 sf if that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach